Sumo's RX3 Retro Racer

Sparkle

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good video. Gutted my car is not ready yet.

What class are you running in?

In the Intermarque series we have a cc based, and modified/stock class system

The 10A runs in the M2 class - modified between 1301 and 1800cc class, the 10A with the rotary multiplier comes out at 1796cc

Wow- sounds really sweet in that last video and good to see it being driven to its full. :D nice steering wheel twitching going on.

My engine has pretty loose side seal to corner seal clearences. I think they were only just within tolerance- just. In fact they had worn tiny grooves into corner seals as usual which gave them more room to slide backwards and forwards adding to clearence. I flipped the corner seals over so the grooves are now on trailing side- another scottish aspect to my $100 motor. I often wonder how much gas is escaping past through those little gaps. How much did you get new side seals for? When will you next get it on a dyno- it'll be interesting to see the difference.

The side seals didnt really cost me as such, I have been accumulating 10A engine bits over the years, so have enough bits to rebuild around 3ish motors. We only had to buy the casement o-rings and springs.

The engine has been back on the dyno 2 weeks ago, and is developing around 160 hp at the rear wheels - at 9000 rpm.

The factory 10A PP were estimated at 200 hp at the flywheel, with better exhaust ports, and a better exhaust system than what we are running...so I'm pretty happy with the result.

The dyno was a worthwile exercise, as the engine was now running a little lean at the top end, so we ended up changing the emulsion tubes, enlarging the main jets and reducing the airs

The last figures - with the misfire, where probably reading a little high, due to the ramp up speed selected when the guys were diagnosing the misfire, on the dynapacks - apparently if you slow the ramp up speed - ie labour the engine, you can artificially raise the HP figures.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

not great luck on the engine side of things - oddly enough My brother in laws old R100 with the glen munro built 10A PP took a severe beating with no dramas - apparently they are pretty picky with fuelling, his had a 48mm IDA on it / i know nothing about rotaries.. I think he still has the spare P plate 10A PP..

Couldnt take mine back ether they were the plug but not the right part number.

Shame about the 10a but bits are hard to find now let alone new ones, shall go well with a 12app , nice green brothers one for sale at the moment.

not great luck on the engine side of things - oddly enough My brother in laws old R100 with the glen munro built 10A PP took a severe beating with no dramas - apparently they are pretty picky with fuelling, his had a 48mm IDA on it / i know nothing about rotaries.. I think he still has the spare P plate 10A PP..

The big issue with the fueling that we found, was actually finding main jets small enough for the 10A/IDA combination. The standard weber sets are too big, which generally leads to fueling issues because the jets are to big, or inconsistancies because the jets are "filled and drilled". By hunting around you can find the tiny main jets, which is what we have fitted.

• 1 month later...