**^220hp out of a hillman???**^

Guest hillmanhunterman

Guest hillmanhunterman

jus got me a hillman hunter gl 1976 1725cc, this guy at magwarehouse sed they can give 220hp.ne ideas on hw to get that outa tha engine witou a turbo??

Id say one with that much power must be pretty full on tuned. Would use ashitload of gas and probably have its power way in the rev range. Might be easier to go turbo.

This should also be in tech talk id say.

prob race port and polish, lumpy ass cam, high compression skimmed head, twin like 50mm webbers lol janspeed exhaust, mean air intake, stroked and bored cylinder with high lift, 98 with octane booster in to take too over 100 octane lol, lightened flywheel, mean valve springs and rocker arms answeel as pistons and conrods then rev to 9000 maybe get that at the flywheel and some nos wouldnt be out of place but it would be expensive to do that n/a

Suspension wise, get the rears reset with an extra leaf to keep em stiff, blocks are gay and need to be certed over 25mm (I think) and flipping leaf springs is illegal and ham

Frontwise, it depends what you want really. I'm getting some springs custom made and shortening the shocks to do it properly

Will be low, but will also handle well hopefully

Dunno. Compressing 2 springs SHOULD be $150 max.

To buy new front suspension springs and shocks put aside about $300 for springs and $400 for good shocks. All depends what ya buy.

Why dont you ring around some shops!