Mikuni's pimp gem

davidian

yeh, I was almost going to leave it yellow with the shopping lists all over it and raise it on some chromes but I thort I'd leave that for the hondas/evos to do :)

I have the business card from lemmington auto elect. It has a mk4 cortina on the card parked next to the gem, stickered up the same. What a park up ay! :?

Oh and nah I don't like these with back bumpers on. Maybe its just me...

Pretty sweet dude, I didn't know they made TEs in 1982!! Must have been the last of the bunch, plus is has the ultra-rare japanese style grille too, wont find another one of them in the country I'd say. :D:D

I'd definately buy it for a daily if i had the cash.

G161z are awesome engines bro, mine goes like the clappers :D

Good work :D

Running like shit?! How dare you!

Heh nah it doesn't idle when its cold ay, maybe that was the issue. How you know it was running like shit? haha

I'd be after around 2.. maybe abit more depending on interest.

Methodz, your old one drives round auckland with a repainted bright orange roof (the wrong orange) and tri's. Gutd

Running like shit?! How dare you!

Heh nah it doesn't idle when its cold ay, maybe that was the issue. How you know it was running like shit? haha

I'd be after around 2.. maybe abit more depending on interest.

Methodz, your old one drives round auckland with a repainted bright orange roof (the wrong orange) and tri's. Gutd

Just heard it running. Was pulling out of BK. I was in a green 323 wag staring hard (as ya do when ya see one of these around)

Ahhh tri spokes. Wish you hadnt told me that!

Just heard it running. Was pulling out of BK. I was in a green 323 wag staring hard (as ya do when ya see one of these around)

Ahhh tri spokes. Wish you hadnt told me that!

Oh yea i do remember a couply people lookin at me abit funny. And yea it was cold and un-idling. Oi i'll stick up my new vox wagon in that section too.. springs out last night, looks pretty low. Only got gay bickies at the moment.. check it out abit later bro

The engines in those vauxhalls are so shit. Is the gem engine the same?
I'd definately buy it for a daily if i had the cash.

G161z are awesome engines bro, mine goes like the clappers :D

Good work :D

Nah Methodz, gems come with G161z motors which are 1600cc ohc things. They go well, mine struggles..needs a tune up but definately has potential. Alot better than the super dirty 1256 in the chevettes.

Nah the chevette motor is completely different. Its actually from a viva - imagine how slow those were. Plus its actually a third generation, the first was only 1057cc, the second 1159cc and the final 1256! Its hard to imagine any engines slower than the 1256 ay.

The 1600 from the gemi is part of the g series family which is used in the bellets, 117s, gemis, piazzas and rodeos (maybe some others) varying from 1.6,1.8,2.0 and 2.6 from memory.

I think the gearbox xmember and driveshaft are different, but as far as the engine isself goes, they will all bolt into a chevette if you use gemini mounts (and chop the front out of you engine bay :twisted: )

And yea gemi gearboxes are whack the selector is long as and comes from right up near the firewall. Gangletron.