Alfadog

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

mean, i fuckin lubs this thing eh

glad to see your back into it boe, be careful with that cam from kelford, ive heard a few different things about people doing swaps etc inside buisness's like that, so try your best to confirm you got the camshaft you gave them back, dunno how you'd do that but yuh

I actually sent it to them to get checked out. Its a genuine billet cam not a blank grind. Worth about $700 new so Id hope I get the right one back... They said it was sent off today so HOPE I get it tommorrow.. doubtfull as its coming from Chrchr.

Fucking 3 peice wheel that I cant get to seal tho... think I might just run an inner tube and be done with it. :evil:

Hope its drivable for Thursday.. if not then im stuck in this hole.!

Yeah everyone is telling me differant. BG reakons NO sealant around the cap screws which seems funnyy to me.. This time im going to use differant sealant and prob prepsole the purpose.. I used thinners and petrol to cleanlast time.

Carb guy down the road cant set up my 45 cause he decided to go on holiday.

I assume you are in Rotavegas.... if not I have a great number of 45mm Weber venturis, emulsion tubes, air correctors, main jets and idle jets you can borrow to work out what you want to purchase.

None are for sale but you can borrow whatever you want for a week or so aow.

Regardling three piece rims - I don't know what you should do with the bolts but Locktite makes a really awesome thread sealing paste that you can get from the likes of Schrodoco. It works like thread tape but is a paste.

Chur.

I assume you are in Rotavegas.... if not I have a great number of 45mm Weber venturis, emulsion tubes, air correctors, main jets and idle jets you can borrow to work out what you want to purchase.

Regardling three piece rims - I don't know what you should do with the bolts but Locktite makes a really awesome thread sealing paste that you can get from the likes of Schrodoco. It works like thread tape but is a paste.

Chur.

can get that shiz from skf twl saeco precision bearings and other such places.

good luck for getting the bitch sorted gaz boe. can't wait to see etc, looks bangin as shit

Chur.

yeah/nah im in Rotorua. Cause im running in a fresh engine I kinda wanted him to set it up to the mods ive done.. Dont want to wash the bores on the drive home or something stupid.. this one wasnt cheap. Then again it wont be doing to large revs so maybe I just use pinna iones for now as it shouldnt run lean under 5g. Who knows.. dont know fuck all bout sidies yet! Gues I will once Ive put this all back togther.

Rims.. I wasnt really trying to seal the nuts.. Ive put a huge bead all around the rim where the two join and then smoothed it out with my finger lots.. Was messy but was how they were sealed when I orig pulled them apart. Figured it'd be easier to seal the air in the rim rather than seal the nuts/bolts etc.. if ya get what im tryin to say.

I think I need more than just a mad rush.. Got tommorrow and half Wed to work on it.. then Sat and half Sunday.

Still gotta...

-Rebuild head.. when the cam gets here... Only big job left

-Get conectors to conect braided line to tank.

-Fit new tyres.

-Check what my electric fuel pump is + mount.

-Cut half the front of car out and mount Rad.

-Figure out all wires and attatch them all to new column.

-And the one that'll hold me up... exhaust as I cant do it myself and no-one else will be available Sunday! Might be the dodgy flange type do it yaself job for now!

The hole in the tunnel where the gbox needed to come through can stay open for now.. AC FTW.. Just want the car home I think. Tie loose ends up over the month before cert/wof.

Chur cam, OS photoshoots Welly crew when we all said and done.