4GAZIM's 1972 Mitsubishi Colt Coupe

Guest 4GAZIM

i have had the colt for ages now, and i had been putting off the engine conversion for ages, i drove it around with a smokey 4g32 in it. in the mean time, i have concentrated on other things like the suspension and brakes, which are now due for an upgrade.. the DOHC engine is from a 90 galant , its a 4g63. my plan was to put the engine in with some good extractors and run it N/A.. but i have since decided to throw a turbo at it as well. so im using skyline turbo. it was just last week that i pulled the old donk out and i spent the good part of a day cleaning the bay for the new engine.. the 4g52 5 speed box fits up nicely to the engine. and it should be in the bay for good, on friday. and i will post the photos after that.

picture0221tk.th.jpg

picture001289ml.th.jpg

picture000960vj.th.jpgpicture000888mw.th.jpgpicture001347zd.th.jpg

bolted engine and box together and put it in the car, easy work so far. just gotta do some mods to the fire wall and weld bracket for engine mount. other than that, its been a piece of piss :)

picture0369ex.th.jpgpicture0429qp.th.jpg

ok, after moving engine around in the bay and thinkin about how to make up engine mounts, i decided it would be better to take the engine back out and modify fire wall. its going to be a bit of a mission.. i have to remove all the brake lines and the heater from under the dash.. then i have to cut the firewall and fold the sheet steel back down and weld it flat . this will allow enough room for the water housing and crank angle sensor at the rear of the head. . will send photos once i have firewall and mounts ready..