Alistair's 1969 Toyota Corona 4AGTE

Alistair

Pics tell most of the story but, 4agze block, running rx7 turbo on skyline housing, cusotm manifold, vr4 intercooler, enlarged pipes, external wastegate, straight exhaust back to one muffler, supra gbox with nite parts bellhousing, 4 puk solid centre clutch and 20v flywheel, custom driveshaft and shortened hiace diff, umm, evo injectors, ssq bov, gauges, link vers 5 ecu with hand controller, and 17-20psi of boost. Also the hubbies in the pics have been replaced by 16" tsws.

pic001098de.jpg

pic000079ih.jpg

pic000084si.jpg

pic000107zr.jpg

pic000115in.jpg

pic000189bt.jpg

pic000195yw.jpg

pic000207bq.jpg

pic000220er.jpg

Yeh thats it for now, will post more pics when progress, well, progresses if people wanna see it. Cheers.

• 2 months later...

Time for a big ass update. Its going now, only running 6psi, went for a quick boost and its going to be fucking lethal. 6psi was pretty quick and still got another 14psi to add lol. Still hooked up to standy diff to get it tuned and running right. Then will do hilux diff and brake upgrade.

Just have to say was fucking awesome to finally go out in it, the wait was worh it. And youll see from the pics from the turbo down is just a long bit of pipe hahaha that + vented external rocked glenfield quite well, even got evils from an old lady when we rocked past :D

Here we go, 56k users get fucked or get a coffee lol

1000019medium1es.jpg

1000020medium2tj.jpg

1000023medium1qn.jpg

favorite pic

1000024medium2kj.jpg

surge tank and batt in boot.

1000029medium2sc.jpg

1000033medium2kt.jpg

straight pipe from the turb back, no muffler = eviiilll :asthanos:

1000035medium4ly.jpg

Excuse all the photos i went a bit snap happy :D just missed seeing it lol

Also the pipes are all going to be hpcd once its all running mint and gooooood.

• 1 month later...

Well diff went bang. Pretty quickly..... Got 17psi running through it veins and comin on boost in 3rd it snapped an axle. Good news howeveerrrr is that the hilux diff is in and mounted, with s13 disc brakes on the rear. Just having calliper brackets made up and driveshaft is away being shortened to suit it. Also when it was going, managed to get antilag going mint and it now makes almost 11psi standstill :D

Going to try and find some adjustable shocks and try and make a caltrac

Will try post some pics of the hilux mounted 2moro

• 1 month later...

Sup mofos. Will upload the new pics ive got when i find my digi cam cable. But in the mean time theres a video :D

That run was 183kw atw. Ended up with 185.5 at 16psi on one of aucklands lower reading dynos (compared to the likes of torque perf)

So m happy, got hilux in, my s13 brakes front and back, just gotta put my lsd head in, tidy up some suspension parts and go for a cert.

Took it up north and its mint to drive, but with single spinner just breaks loose all the time, but so sweet :D

Anyway watch that shit.

Guest NFORCA

Do the S13 rear brakes have drum handbrake? if so, how did you fit this to the Hilux diff?

cheers

Post in the Discussion thread for users projects next time, helps keeps each project thread tidy

Updated with some more pics.

As for handbrake. Not to sure how the s13 brakes setup, had custom handbrake cables made to suit it. Can get detailed pics if you are interested, anyway heres pics :D

1000333mediumfz9.jpg

G bangin on 16's :D

1000334mediumoj9.jpg

Vr4 intercooler tucked away nicely.

1000336mediummk5.jpg

Finally got the ride height where I wanted it :D

1000337mediummx8.jpg

Intercooler pipes hpcd jet black.

1000338mediumnu2.jpg

More of the same

1000341mediumqj8.jpg

Factory pimpin bench seat and bus steering wheel.....and link hand controller.......

1000342mediumen4.jpg

And boost gauge taped to steering shroud.

1000343mediumah2.jpg

And my s13 brakes to finish it off. Gotta go for a cert soon then im good to go :D

• 3 weeks later...

Wellllllll, it went pop :D

Had it on the dyno with my new EBC which i managed to pick up for 100$ :o which is badass, anyway, upped boost to 18psi and managed to get a couple runs out of it, highest of 195.5kw ATW on 18psi, so between 220 and 225kw at the fly, which is sweet. But i want MORE, so we upped it to 20psi and the std 80,000km (ish) old headgasket made a nice little spat through the water jacket and spat water everywhere. SoOOoo, head is off and away being shaved 2moro, have new gasket to go in, will comp/leakdown test and then get back on the dyno next week for 20psi + and see if we can get 210+kw ATW on the dirty old 1.6.

So,

watch this space for a uber dyno sheet

or pics of my blown up engine and the 7agte to replace it :P

Peace...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Fock, cant believe my build up had decended to the second page.

Anyway, look, new pics,

1000616mediumoz8.jpg

1000619mediumvn3.jpg

1000618mediumpx9.jpg

1000620mediumdw1.jpg

1000621mediumud9.jpg

Basically, this dude at my work was like, yea, i worked at spraytech for the past xx years, and i thought, well, engines out anyway, why not.

SOOO, corona is getting respray :D

Havent decided on a colour yet, metallic red new mazda 6 colour and kandy apple red have been suggested, but by all means give me some suggestions. Pics are from it nice and clean today, and engine bay with mostly all the crap gone, still couple more things.

No more crappy paint!!!

• 1 month later...

Did some more panelbeating with mate from work today. Stupid dents etc. Uber ghey.

Anyway, should be in primer next weekend, have decided to spray factory colour which makes it easier.

Ughh taking so longgg.....

dscf0034mediumej3.jpg

dscf0035mediumbr9.jpg

dscf0036mediumpu6.jpg

dscf0037mediumxo0.jpg

dscf0038mediumuf4.jpg

Yuh, someone chagged up that door before I got it. Not impressed, took ages to ghey round with.

Anyway, just a quick update. Enjoy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well since no one commented on my primer madness, ill throw some colour into the mix. Painted engine bay and front today. Enjoy. Hope to have the rest painted next weekend. Then re assemble, need some tips to make my chrome bits blang again without sending them to get re chromed.

dscf0219mediumii7.jpg

dscf0221mediumwm0.jpg

dscf0222mediumyq4.jpg

dscf0223mediumzt5.jpg

dscf0224mediumem5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Muaha, my new turbo, old one with bigger garrett comp housing and 51/52mm comp wheel. Bizzle. More boost. I love it.

dscf0446mediumgt9.jpg

dscf0447mediumzr3.jpg

Big badass new clutch to go in too. Will put my old clutch on my 7age motor.

dscf0448mediumyz4.jpg

Caltrac traction bars, through bolts need to be changed for smaller ones to suit width of leaves and couple other things. But will be bizz for stopping springs wrapping up.

dscf0449mediumwq2.jpg

Getting excited? Yes.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason my boss thinks im doing well, gave me a 2.5k bonus today ftw. Was thinking about some new wheels. Suggestions? Has to be fwd offsetish as thats what rona is. So, any ideas? Cash burning hole in pocket....

Oh hey boes,

Finally got my shit together and got stuck into it tonight. All together, some stuff just needs to be torqued up to teh max, and re tap some threads, because im a tard. But turbo looks good next to engine, going to welly for 21st this w/e but trying to get it put in on tuesday with teh work forklift. Anyway couple pics.

resize1kb1.jpg

resize2vx0.jpg

Shweet.