Rxtoy's 81 Lancer.

Guest azzmann

i got the spacers from a mate that works for a wheel shop, they were damn cheap but i don't think he can repeat the price ($160 for the set). i'll ask him what normal price is, still would probably be better than most places. he had difficulty even getting these ones though so no guarantees.

can't use the spacers with these wheels either, they already rub at the front under hard cornering and if i put them on the back the wheels would be firmly attached to the guards. looking for a decent set of wheels at the moment.

cheers

Matt

Where did you get thiose GSR rear lights with the chrome?Didnt know they made em.Makes it nice and different tho huh.

So many modded EX lancers cruising round now aye.Im desperate to make mine "different" without going all ricey

got the light's from Brit Euro car parts in south auckland, they had them listed for $50 each but gave them to me for $25 with a navy discount. was meant to be + GST but i talked to a different guy when i got there and he missed it. forgot to mention it for some reason. if you want a set i'll see if they'll give me the same deal and send them down your way for cost + postage.

the silver bits in the lines is just paint, you could get it off with autosol pretty easy, i'm just deciding if i like it before i get into that.

cheers

Matt

http://www.becarparts.co.nz/cgi-bin/be/ ... t_no=27969

they're brand new thai or malaysian (can't remember which) copies, one side fits perfectly, the other is slightly off but not noticeable unless you're looking really hard. i had to cut a small piece of plastic out on the inside to get my light bulb mount in there, just used a good pair of scissors.

cheers

Matt

• 1 month later...

i got this done at arkro powdercoating on porana rd in glenfield. had to get the sandblasting done separately but i just went round the corner, there's a place on archers rd.

most powdercoaters should be able to do the same thing though but this guy just does small runs so you don't have to wait for your job (mine was same day). if you're going for a really common colour like black or white you're probably better off going elsewhere because it would be cheaper if they were doing a big run of the same colour.

cheers

Matt

i got this done at arkro powdercoating on porana rd in glenfield. had to get the sandblasting done separately but i just went round the corner, there's a place on archers rd.

most powdercoaters should be able to do the same thing though but this guy just does small runs so you don't have to wait for your job (mine was same day). if you're going for a really common colour like black or white you're probably better off going elsewhere because it would be cheaper if they were doing a big run of the same colour.

cheers

Matt

Was thinking about some mags.. fast service would be prefered..

it goes pretty sweet, haven't actually driven it heaps and when i do i don't go too hard due to the legal status. it spins the wheels pretty easy, especially now i've got shit 195's on the back but it could spin the 205 directionals with good tread as well. it rides really well in the front now i've got the new shocks and the bump steer spacers in but its still a little bumpy in the back, i'm hoping new shocks will sort this out.

its not running quite right yet, some sort of spark issue i think. i need a proper starion coil but they're pretty damn hard to find. i'm planning on upping the fuel pressure a little but i need a gauge to set this up and then i'll start adding a little boost. hopefully this should sort out all the little issues and then i'll either dyno it, take it down to meremere, or both. won't be til i get back from my big trip though which is in August. as usual, oldschool will be the first to know the results though

cheers

Matt