lowlancer

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

100mm of dish?? is that enough?
widebody stz :twisted:

Nah, but those 86factory bolt-ons + 100mm of dish, won't fill the flare, surely? you want it so it's juuuust outside the flare edge and the tyre stretches so the tread pattern is inside the flare.

oh and .. CRAP, this is in the wrong thread.. :lol:

totally agree with ya - the rim should end up just out of the flare, and the flare only manages to cover the stretched tyre

however remember that the 15x9's will stick out this much: heres a pic looking directly down the side of the front guard, looking straight down at the ground:

051016%20-%20deep%20dish%20mockup%2023.JPG

the metal edge of the rim should stick out about 1" from the guard. the 86factory flares well might only just get that much. so i think it will be alright... what do you reckon.

heres how much the rear sticks out...

051016%20-%20deep%20dish%20mockup%2011.JPG

those mock up rims i made there are exact scale 15x9 - should be mostly accurate to within a cm of the actual product.

its a bit scary actually now looking at it again... :oops: ??? whaddya reckon?

Looks like you've suss'd it pretty well, test will be more the flare itself than the wheel, with sacking it out the neg camber wil fold the wheel in more, which I think might mean you'd need a 10" on the rear with that extra inch coming outwards rather than being shared, better yet, 11" and shared 25mm on each side, thusly 125mm of dish... should do the trick.

What's the flare depth?

i hear ya... not sure of flare depth, from pics i roughly guess 1", but depending how high/low i mount it, it will differ.

i think i'll play it safe, hang on to the current measurements, then use spacer blocks to adjust further 25mm out as necessary. better to have some leeway for fine adjustment aye! :)

wheels are cheap enough for me to make another set later - since this is new enough that no one else has done it either it seems i have to be the precedent and trial and error it until it is just right.

or like durty says, get 155-90R15 and end up with a wheel and tyre that looks like a beach ball... haha :)

• 4 weeks later...