• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, kyteler said:

So good to see (and hear) this in this state. 

Such dort. 

Looking forward to a full Opie Photography spec shoot on it and the feature in PCNZ.  

No feature, it's too basic. Builds need to be a bit more powerful/performancy these days, 148hp doesn't cut it haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

On 26/07/2021 at 08:06, Snoozin said:

Long story short, it made 148hp at the hubs, it peaks then holds flat until limiter at just over 8k. Feels great in car.

This is on the local test track

Huge huge thanks must go to @Lithfor making the trip up to fastidiously tune the car, it drives really nicely, behaves well at all loads/conditions encountered so far and is just generally a pleasure to hoon around in.

Been many a moon since I've come onto OldSchool but I decided to come back and stalk the update posts for you and @sheepers because I knew big things had been going on :)  

Super super super stoked still to read over the build on this again with the antics of a couple of weeks ago pretty fresh in memory.   Was just great to hear the noises this thing makes, the way it's presented and to get to go for a drive around and generally experience how brilliantly the whole thing has come together.  It is ideal that you stuck with it and taken it to the point it is now, it was honestly a real happy time seeing Richy chuckles and stoked faces as it became clear that it all was working and was going to be a hilariously fun outcome.   

The trip was never going to be a chore, its always choice catching up and I love playing with cars like this but being able to add a tiny piece of the puzzle that has a tangible effect on the final package of this thing makes me warm inside.   Awesome work with the build, man.  Its such a great car and I think that as much as it looks great in pics, the thing needs to be seen or experienced in person to realise how bloody on point the whole thing is.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Had to have a lol at one of the lines on the first page of the build regarding the exhaust..."Kinda ugly tip but it'l do for the time being, this is a budget build after all!"  Super sick man, the attention to detail is inspiring for munters like me where close enough is good enough. The results you get when nothing is small enough to be overlooked are just mega. Amazing

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 15/11/2021 at 16:09, RUNAMUCK said:

This car getting put on the cover is a no brainer.  It's about sales. A starlet will be more likely to draw people in to pick it up than some generic ricer. (Even one worth heaps more/with tons more power)

you called it. 

from several disheartened attempts at selling this over the last few years, to the cover.  

well deserved.

• 2 months later...