Snoozin's 1981 KPiz Starlet

WDE_BDY

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Snoozin, from memory , a rally mate down here fitted some standard DX corolla bottom arms in , that came him the negative camber. (Bolted straight in)

Cant quite rember which model dx corolla it was , the RWD shape or that next shape up from the bottom line model, FWD...

Cheers,Chris :twisted:

Yeah I'm in the process of trying to source some flares now, Palmy outfits are ridiculously unhelpful....

Unfortunately with a 6.5" rim, stretch is hard to get without having a dangerously small contact patch. 175's will be the narrowest I'd run, and I have managed to get the distance they protrude down to 20mm. So it's not too bad, if it was 10mm I'd leave it as is, but it just looks stupid with that much wheel and tyre sticking out.

can you get the rear face of the mag machined down to reduce the offset? meh i dunno. they look good though, heaps better than the old set.

Nah I looked at that, the mounting face is thin as on them! And yeah, I love the look of them, so fuckit, I want the cunts to fit.

• 5 months later...

could have modded the x member to bring the lower arms in a touch. then weld some platforms to the struts. for coil over setup, with some camber plates to bring the top in. that way could have got the street fins inside the guards without heaps of camber. and lower it bouns!

new rims look pretty sweet tho.

coil over it.

• 3 months later...