Snoozin's 1981 KPiz Starlet

WDE_BDY

Thanks, the length I can't remember off the top of my head I'd need to go and measure, unsure how they feel at the moment but I think they'll be on the stiffer side rather than the softer.

I don't want to give you work but if it's easy for you it would be nice for me as I intend to do a similar job. Did you had the need to roll your fenders?

Thanks guys

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
22 hours ago, Snoozin said:

I've been pretty disillusioned with it, but have decided to try and have one last crack at being interested in it and if I can't make meaningful progress then it needs to leave my possession. But fairly confident I can sort something.

Disillusioned why?

Damn , even with a phone you take lush pics!

ive never had a project , nor owned a car as long as what you’ve had this for so can’t offer any advice except that I’ve only regretted selling cars, and have never said “wish I’d sold that sooner”, so would recommend at least getting to a state you can drive and have some smiles behind the wheel before selling 

• 2 months later...

Hey, I have made a bias pedal box too, but not yet certed it. I understand, but could be wrong, that you need a rubber/grippy surface for the brake pedal due to possibility of slipping. I know race cars dont need this/typically dont have it, I also dont currently have a grippy surface, but have definitely slipped a couple times. Might just be worth something considering

rad looking setup though!

Worthwhile point! All of the holes on the pedals are raised around the edges, but I guess it won't be too tricky to make up some pedal things with skateboard grip tape or similar on them if Mr Certman deems it no good.

I just hope it works tbh.

I'm sure it will, I fussed around for ages before cutting the threaded rod, and it worked out fine. And make sure you get some flash hose from brake reservoirs to master cylinders, I bought some stuff that was supposed to be good, and it was bleeding brake fluid within a few days, had to get some really hard stuff, and now 3 years later that also slowly bleeds/sweats brake fluid

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...