Snoozin's 1981 KPiz Starlet

WDE_BDY

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

looking good man - that blasting and those brackets look so sweet, regarding your fuel rail - could you treat that to the same vapour blasting clean up? Either that or paint it black perhaps, I know you are probably after a clean engine look from above but I reckon you could either hide it in plain sight, or make it an engineering feature if its ugliness annoys you

I've used the aeroflow extrusion for mine as I didn't need any of the cold start injector or regulator provisions - got it from Dave @ Engineparts in Silverdale who is a top fella.  To mount mine I drilled thru the side of the extrusion and milled a recess to the socket head machine screw would sit flush with the surface of the extrusion.  Sorry shit photos but you get the idea.  I used some solid round as the stand offs and just drilled and tapped into the end.

304%20-%20Milling%20rail.jpg

308%20-%20Rail.jpg

20150321_101951-e1426887186740.jpg

• 1 month later...

Unless Ive miss read/understood (highly likely), but would you not be better off selling your KP made up adjustables as they are, then use the money to get another stock pair, then weld your new units on? might end up better off, maybe. Only suggest as you said money will be tight and Im enjoying the updates,

Self presevation, I want you to have cash flow so I can see your updates haha

Kinda.

Here's the catch - the castings on the stub where the caliper bolts are always slightly different due to crummy 1980s Toyota manufacturing tolerances, so my caliper brackets will suit the existing left and right struts perfectly, but could possible cause an issue on a set of spare struts (which I do have). So yeah I could assemble a quick set of coilovers from the other spares though!

• 3 weeks later...