Anpanman's 1982 Toyota Mark II Grande

Anpanman

1982 Toyota Mark II

I bought this car in December, it has only had 1 owner since it was imported into Nz and only has 97,000 kms on the clock.

I recently lowered with KYB SR special gas shocks and custom springs.

I also fitted SSR Mesh rims, Front 15x8 Rear 15x9, with tyres stretched on.

Future plan is an engine swap, but I haven't decided which engine yet, there are several options.

gx61noplatecropped800x600.jpg

• 4 years later...

4 year Bump!

Damn those wheels were mint... there is a MX73 (?) Cressida rolling around in Wellington with them on now as I sold them a couple of years back. They look hot on that car too.

As for my mark II it is not in such healthy condition at the moment, it is in storage and when I get back from Japan it should be going in for some panel/paint work all going well. She has just ticked over 100,000 kms too.

I am coming back to NZ in a month and I have finished my exams, therefore I am starting to organise things for the Mark II - trying to decide if I should buy wheels here or do something else.

Yahoo Japan has pretty slim pickings for rims at the moment, either crap width/offset or ridiculously overpriced/bidding war goes crazy. So I am contemplating getting some wheels made like lofreq did. I am thinking SSR Mark I -esque solid flat centre... thoughts? I guess in this case it would be kind of tough looking as opposed to shiny rims... any other ideas for rims guys? Are there any new school old school looking wheels that come in decent width 14's?

Also as above the car is wearing 15x8 0 offset front with 185/55/15 and 15x9 rear with 195/60/15 (IIRC), but I am quite keen to go with 14's this time although I worry about finding tyres that aren't balloons... has anyone had any luck finding decent 14" tyres? ANy tyre peeps have any suggestions?

Also thinking about colour for paint? Stick with two tone? (which I love) or single colour?

Comments here are appreciated:

discuss.....viewtopic.php?f=18&t=20821