mk2 pinto project

excort

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well i just finished the body work on the front off and primerd the car im quite happy with how its turned out tho my gun keepd spitting shit all over it so it was abit of a hassle need a gravity feed gun to get it done properly :wink:

resize41js.th.jpg

resize38za.th.jpg

i have a video of it going down the road but i do not know how to upload that to any sites etc if anyone knows of any ill put it on there cheers.

• 5 months later...

Well its been awhile since ive updated everyone on my progress ive recently purchased a turbo inlet manifold (polished alloy) :D and im slowly purchaseing all the plumbing going to do a carbed set up first would like to do blow threw but not sure on how i can adapt the set up i have brought to do it with might just do suck threw for starters heres some pics

image0769lf.th.jpg

image0758qq.th.jpg

image0722ut.th.jpg

Ive allso purchased a set of Bf good rich tires two 13inch 215's and two 235's all have 8mm of tread hardly used .

image0787jx.th.jpg

image0779ll.th.jpg

Ive allso done quite abit of tidying up in the engine bay and the front and back of the car repainted the engine bay in black and clear lackerd it came up really nice brought a msd hvc coil and new water pump two times 13inch fans new cambelt and waterpump belt put all the chrome engine parts on engine mounts,cam wheels,etc brought a kn filter.

10033532lv.th.jpg

10033608we.th.jpg

10033614qz.th.jpg

planing on buying modgies to go with the tires soon that will do for now :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well ive got the carbs all hooked up now found out the vacume hose's are actually a breather hose and a overflow hose no vacume hose's lol they run really well got a really nice tone to them just need to tune them now not much clearance had to unbolt the carbs from the manifold to get the airfilters on.

image006df0.th.jpg

image007af4.th.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

well brought me a new head

HARDEND SEATS,

LAZER 300 CAM AND ROCKERS

H/P SINGLE VAVLE SPRING

MANLEY STAINLESS VALVES

CRACK TESTED

SURFACE GRIND

FLOW BENCHED

PORT WORK

aparently the valves are larger 1.500 ex - 1.750 anyone know the standard size they dont look bigger :S

1004118mv2.th.jpg

1004107hk0.th.jpg

1004115op5.th.jpg

headspecsyt0.th.jpg

allso started sound dampnering the floor with something i beilive will work same kinda stuf as that really exspensive dynamat just alittle bit thiner is used on building sites thermal seal around the windows etc seems to work quite well

1004105xg7.th.jpg

• 6 months later...

i found abit of rust so decided to get rid of the bubble in the engine bay :)

1004139aj4.th.jpg

1004180be2.th.jpg

1004182es1.th.jpg

1004183mk7.th.jpg

not to bad for a gasselis mig fron super cheap i feel

allso i decided to make a new parcel tray with sound dampner underneath so will hopefully stop any rattles.

1004186ww6.th.jpg

1004185pe3.th.jpg

allso i just recently put my engine in to get worked

rods getting balanced,polished,lightend,shot peened,oversized arp rod bolts.Crank getting a slight grind,lightend,polished,balanced,flywheel dowled to crank.Block getting bored 60 thou out,top being decked,block fully cleaned out,new frost plugs oh and allso flywheel being balanced.

all up costing ruffly 2k which im happy with will spend more on engine depending on funds.

well i finished welding the plate in the engine bay instead of the bubble had to tack weld the hole thing in which was gay but got there eventually allso had to weld a little strip below it which i think came up quite gud just cleaning up all the inperfections in the engine bay and then i can move on to the rest of the rust in the body woo.

1004194ft0.th.jpg

1004193wt2.th.jpg

1004191jh9.th.jpg

1004192rw8.th.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Well i got my engine back from Hpe auto all up cost me $2500 which isnt to bad i guess wasnt exstremly impressed with there proffesionalism on the hole thing forgot to do several things even tho i reminded them like 5 times but its all be sorted now.

Put the crank in and pistons used crc engine lube which should do the trick quite well was abit touch and go when i had to do the piston ring gaps but hellrazier gave me some info/advice on how and i got it sorted.

picture001vi3.th.jpg

picture002lt5.th.jpg

picture003od8.th.jpg

picture004my3.th.jpg

picture005tl9.th.jpg

picture006cr0.th.jpg

picture007oa2.th.jpg

picture008gy4.th.jpg

picture009te7.th.jpg

picture010pl9.th.jpg

picture012um9.th.jpg

picture011eh8.th.jpg

picture013ed0.th.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

well thought it was time to put something up havent in ages completely striped the engine bay and reboged everything took a good couple weekends to get it to how i wanted i feel it came up rather good got rid of all the holes in the engine bay etc weilded my clutch cable mount in properly now not just a hole in the fire wall lol sprayed it in etcher primer just got to mod the crossmember now then its paint engine bay put engine in get abit of wireing done and its all go prettymuch...

couple other things ive brought since i last updated quafile quick shifter,adjustable cam gear high touque/light weight starter motor some other things but i carnt rember them all

img0317mf1.th.jpg

img0327yx9.th.jpg

img0324lw2.th.jpg

img0248am2.th.jpg

• 4 months later...

well i finaly done some more to the esky engines fully in exhaust all hooked back up brakes hookd up removed brake booster modded one of the old linkages so the mastercylinder sits in the firewall was advised to do this by Hellrazier workd mint earthd my coil properly now so should have more luck with my electronic ignition so prettymuch all there is left to do is get the engine set up to be run in gets some new seats pannel and paint cert :).

img0418ep4.th.jpg

img0419ra8.th.jpg

img0423pj3.th.jpg

img0420as8.th.jpg

img0422ha6.th.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Well finaly the engine has been pulled down and put back togeather properly thanks to Nismo.

The car is painted thanks to D.P.N.S and its all comeing along quite well took it out for its first

drive today and it went really well only thing that let me down was not haveing a spring on the

idle control screw which i didnt realise till i got home and the fiberglas bonnet flexing when i

went over a 100 k but i will strengthin that some how running the bottem end in on a head

supplied by Nismo with the standard 32/36 and once we feel its run in anuf will be upgradeing

to a bigger head with the cam rockers and valves out of the head i previously brought turned out

the port job wasnt so gud on it at one point it actually flowed worse than a standard pinto in the

exhaust side. Nismo is building me a up a special head so should be very interesting heres a couple

pictures.

img0437l.th.jpg

img0436n.th.jpg

img0433p.th.jpg

img0432jx.th.jpg