Solidstripe's 1975 Datsun Skyline 240K

Toucan

AHA! So YOU bought that one off TM.

Man, someone has seriously had fun playing around with it haven't they??

Black engine bay, all chrome repainted in some strange mid grey colour, red lettering on the body coloured rear panel. :?:?

I would change those wheels for some oldschool dished wheels, of just about any kind.

FWIW, this is mine...

kyteler.jpg

They're SSR Longchamp XR4's 15x6.5"

Lachlan's (Alfadog) has some much nicer RS-Watanabe's in 15x8" and 15x9"

The best part about your car is that it's a genuine JDM car and not an import from Australia. The sad part is that I'm fairly certain it should have been L20E which would have made it very easy to change to L20ET, it's still easy now, just not as easy cause you won't just need the exh. manifold, you'll need everything.

Another guess of mine is that, that engine is out of a 260C and not a Z at all, one would think that if you were putting a Zengine in, you'd also make use of the twin SU carbs, whereas that's a standard single 2BBL Hitachi.

As a side note, if you want to sell those fender mirrors if they're not to your tastes, let me know. I would love some for mine, as I'm currently using C31 Laurel ones

is it...... yes... electric windows! you bastard. Give me them! Those wheels aren't bad, those ROH things are horrid. Get something that suits! Like what Michael suggested. Otherwise nice! Interesting re-covered seats. I want to pick off all of your JDM bits...

On a side note I think it would look neater with chrome mirrors as its such a dark blue, and my wheels are 14x7.5 and 14x9 but you wont fit those without flares. I wonder how wide you could go on the back without flares or rubbing? Michael?

On a side note I think it would look neater with chrome mirrors as its such a dark blue, and my wheels are 14x7.5 and 14x9 but you wont fit those without flares. I wonder how wide you could go on the back without flares or rubbing? Michael?

Ah yes, woops, 14 not 15. *smacks head* I thought you got 8's though? I'm obviously going mad, don't mind me.

I've had 7's on the back of mine with absolutely no issues, however, with a the right offset 9's should fit on as well I would think with a more positive offset.

I'm obviously going mad, don't mind me.

Trust me you are going mad mate :twisted::twisted:

Anyways I think that you should stick to old school style wheels, as in my opinion they suit the C110 better than new wheel would.

Ah yes, woops, 14 not 15. *smacks head* I thought you got 8's though? I'm obviously going mad, don't mind me.

I've had 7's on the back of mine with absolutely no issues, however, with a the right offset 9's should fit on as well I would think with a more positive offset.

Not thinking of mine are you? Mine are 14x7 and 14x8. Dont think Ie got a show in hell of them fitting inside the guards. Really need to get some tyres so I can check properly

Not thinking of mine are you? Mine are 14x7 and 14x8. Dont think Ie got a show in hell of them fitting inside the guards. Really need to get some tyres so I can check properly

That may very well be the case. Remember, if you can't fit them in the guards and decide against them... 15x6.5" Longchamps would happily be traded ;)

• 12 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...