cruiser's MkII Supra

kyteler

Build Thread: //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/18438-cruisers-1984-toyota-supra-38-v6/

Just thought I'd say, good idea man.. those Buick based 3.8's go fucken hard and in a MkII Supra, should be the bee's knees.

Any particular reason why you went for one of those instead of a Toyota 6 or 8 though?

Also, please tell me you're getting rid of that stripe down the front :P

Went for a 3.8 cause i already own a mk2 with a 2.8 in, also its a easyer fit than the lexus v8 with a lot less hassels. hey it almost fitted straight in....lol...plus when i brought the 89 Calais the previose owner had modded the motor (used to do 50mtr burnouts easy as) so she should haul ass down the strip......currently running a 4.3:1 diff head.

And yes that bloody horrid stripe is def to go as i will have to bulge the bonnet for clearence of the power steer unit and alt.

Roll on a track day........need to have some seriose fun with it.... :oops::twisted::twisted:

• 2 weeks later...

this will go real well and will send plenty of tyres to the grave :lol: i put one of those motors into a lc torana [check link] went fuckin hard and could do mean skids without using the brakes. mine had headers /bigbore and nzsv[fielding] throttle body] 5mm bigger and a cold air intake. this is ment to give 6-8 kw and really crispened up the throttle responce heaps

fuck, sorry dude i thought leon was talkin to me :oops: these engines while being a bit primative compared to a modern jap v6 are super torquey and have real crisp throttle response resulting in instant tyre smoke in a lite car. from memory they have more torque than any of the carbied production holden v8s

Yup they do rather.....and yea even in the calais it used to do 50mtr burnouts, lucky the previose owner of the donor vn done some modding and do up work on the motor as well as the body.

just realy lookn forward to taking her out on the road......