water in cylinder :@ !

Guest WESTCORT

Guest WESTCORT

whilist filling my radiator a small leak sprung in my top radiator hose which in turn drained a small amount of water into the first cylinder. was like 15 ml's max, immediatly put the end of a rag in there to soak some out and i think i got most of it but i cant see so im not sure.

what i need to know is am i fucked im pretty sure there aint much in there i just hope it hasnt drained into the rings and shit

any advice on what to do would be much appreciated...

plan is to sit there for a few hours (zZzZzzZZzZzZzz) and hit it with the hairdryer.....

Guest WESTCORT

i havent put the plugs back in cause i havent started the engine yet so was just filling the radiator before i filled the engine with oil and it went in the #1 plug hole

it shud be sweet i guess since im starting it for the first time on saturday... im guessing all water would evaporate once it has combusted a few times

yeah man get on and start her up and she'll be fine! just a bit of water injection. :wink: a little bit will be fine.

Unless you actually filled up the cylinder and it will bend your rod when it trys to compress it lol! seen it happen..

Guest WESTCORT

theres fuck shit all in there now i got the majority out with a ceringe and then stuck strips of rags in there to soak the rest, i then blew some compressed air in there and sum more shot out the plug hole, so theres fuck shit all in there so i guess ill turn it over a few times with the plug out.

and im hoping he bores cant get rusty within like 48 hours.... even if they do it will only be surface shit anyways..

so yeah the plan is tomorrow morning to put some meths n there and turn it over with the plugs out then start it

Guest WESTCORT

oh and it shudnt rust anyways cause i already wiped each cylinder with some oil when i was putting it back together

Guest WESTCORT

yeah what does crc say about went engines... read your crc can and it says good for rusting bolts and starting wet engines...?