Zep's gem'

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that per pair or all 4? NZ$440 isn't too bad, but how is freight because it would be an ugly shaped package, thats for sure.

I think they look good at the moment, but measure up the wheels and see what you are going to be able to get under there. Going wider would be awesome, but can cause issues at the front, with the front and rear of the guard because of the width/offset of the wheel.

Is that per pair or all 4? NZ$440 isn't too bad, but how is freight because it would be an ugly shaped package, thats for sure.

I think they look good at the moment, but measure up the wheels and see what you are going to be able to get under there. Going wider would be awesome, but can cause issues at the front, with the front and rear of the guard because of the width/offset of the wheel.

At the moment, I can fit an extra 50mm outwards on the front and about 55mm outwards on the back (although this will increase when I pull the track back in with the ae101 brakes).

TBH, I think the easiest option is to just use the regular ZG flares. Once fitted properly I think they will look good.

and KK, no, sorry, square flares for a square car.

Personally, I'd price up a few places, you might get a cash-e somewhere. I'd rather pay the extra, and get something that looks made for it, rather than ones that don't look quite right. In saying that, probably the same sort of price to get someone to modify some universal or ZG ones.

I don't know if you guys know how much work is involved in making fibre glass products, especially custom ones. Most places just won't do it because they know its not worth it, especially for a "one off" type product.

You'd need to make a model out of foam, wood or something similar of each guard because they can't be mirrored. This could easily take a day per guard. You then need to prep it and lay glass over to make a mould. Again, each one could easily take a day. Then if everything has gone well, you have a set of 4 moulds that you can lay glass into, to make the product. This is a slightly quicker process than before and you could probably do all 4 in a day. So basically, 2 weeks of full time work; 80 hours at say $40 an hour which would be ultra cheap, $3200.

and KK, no, sorry, square flares for a square car.

Fair enough broe - these lines makes my mind sees this car as square..

imag0009t.jpg

img1715pg6.jpg

keep in mind I'm not saying those flares you have won't look sweet, cos they will look dope az - was just chucking out another way to think about it.. :D

I don't know if you guys know how much work is involved in making fibre glass products, especially custom ones. Most places just won't do it because they know its not worth it, especially for a "one off" type product.

You'd need to make a model out of foam, wood or something similar of each guard because they can't be mirrored. This could easily take a day per guard. You then need to prep it and lay glass over to make a mould. Again, each one could easily take a day. Then if everything has gone well, you have a set of 4 moulds that you can lay glass into, to make the product. This is a slightly quicker process than before and you could probably do all 4 in a day. So basically, 2 weeks of full time work; 80 hours at say $40 an hour which would be ultra cheap, $3200.

Get some chicken grease and smear it over the flares.

Buy some plaster of paris and smother it over the greased up flares...easy mould...should take about 2 hours or so at the most.

Leave over night and remove the flares real careful like.

then make new plugs out of the moulds...easy as.

This is how I have done every fibreglass thing i have ever made...its simple really.

^ what flares? You need something to begin with, thats the point I'm trying to make. Replicating something is very cheap and easy, creating it is not.

Also in reference to above monstrousity, the 90's rules my world. I bet that chick that owned that wore the awesomest denim threads known to man.