Zep's gem'

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

nice gemini would like to pick one up here maybe next year,a mate back in eire has a genuine gte here is a pic think she is 2.2 on twin 48s dogleg getrag box etc

GTE2.jpg

whats the 1600 isuzu engine like looks like a nice lump being twin cam etc i used to have a standard 1200s coupe at home it was a little minter pics below

kadettsr009.jpg

thought i had a better pic than that will have a look

Well... the Isuzu engine is actually SOHC, some of the higher spec'd Geminis came with twin cams. The standard 1600 goes much better than the 1256 (I think) cousin in the Chevette and comes up to 2.0, althouhg the 2.0 is not as good as the Opel 1.9.

Keen to see pics of your coupe, looks nice!

• 10 months later...

If the 195s are anything like (and they will be) the current ones I have, there is no way they will fit with the rim sitting outside the guard. The tyre is already wider than the rim. Anyway, I want to go extreme!

Rears are tucked, but that might be an issue with the shocks pulling the springs down rather than the spring height. Will be able to figure it all out once I get some tyres on there. Now I just need a 165/50 and 175/50 to test the setup! Who's got some!

• 2 weeks later...

They are 165/55r15 and were $390 for the set. Apparantly the only ones left in the country though! Rims are 15x7.

I've got a few things to tease out re spring height and the offset (might need a few mms spacers on the front and a about 10mm on the rear) but I'm pretty happy!

Thanks for the compliments!