Zep's gem'

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 30/10/2020 at 15:46, Sunbeam said:

Hurhur. Missed the turbo bit...have to read from the beginning again!

I probably haven;'t really addressed it. But it is a similar build to the g-series I had in there before. It's just a slightly more modern (barely) engine.

Saying that, there is at least one dude in Aussie with a 10.5:1 comp g-series running 35psi or something. So it is doable.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I've got some maxchina rods here.  because youtube deals.         haven't measured them up yet.  but they look all good and weigh all the same within .05grams.     they do have the usual china finish lacking attention to detail.  like after they have machined the big ends to size, there is little burs left in the slots where the bearings sit etc..   nothing that a little hand finishing wont tidy up tho.     

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kpr said:

I've got some maxchina rods here.  because youtube deals.         haven't measured them up yet.  but they look all good and weigh all the same within .05grams.     they do have the usual china finish lacking attention to detail.  like after they have machined the big ends to size, there is little burs left in the slots where the bearings sit etc..   nothing that a little hand finishing wont tidy up tho.     

Maxspeeding rods are $325 on eBay, versus $490AUD for Spool rods. I'm kinda leaning towards Spool as at least they will have proper support if something is a bit funky.

1 hour ago, kpr said:

Try garage4age discount code on the maxpeeding site. Not trying to be there salesman  but maybe worth a look if it makes them cheaper 

This guy getting that commission or something aye?

• Haha 3

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, yoeddynz said:

Light surrounds look amazing! Ditto the plenum.

Please tell me more about that gearbox speedo cable adaptor/sensor. What size thread is it, where did you get it ?

Hey Alex, I got it direct from Brantz in the UK. It literally just sits in between the gearbox and the cable, and is supplied with a little pin so everything still works. Mine is M22 ("Japanese" gearbox), but they have others - https://www.brantz.co.uk/sensors

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlownCorona said:

do you know what sort of 'flavor' pulse comes out of it? it might be an easy way to reinstate cruise control on the crown. 

my auto gearbox had a hall sensor which read 4 pulses per revolution on the output shaft. but the manual trans has no such provisions. 

Strangely enough the Brantz site doesn't say, but this reseller does: https://ears.ie/brantz-japanese-m22-gearbox-sensor/

4 per revolution, which seems like it'd work perfectly for you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 08/09/2021 at 11:06, BlownCorona said:

yeah had a poke around their site and couldnt see. 

thats excellent news! thanks very much, i think ill buy two and have both the digital dash pack and oem speedo function in the corona too. 

Did anyone buy any of these? Brantz uk website doesn't want to ship to NZ and the ireland one wants like 64 euro for shipping.

7 hours ago, ajg193 said:

Did anyone buy any of these? Brantz uk website doesn't want to ship to NZ and the ireland one wants like 64 euro for shipping.

I bought mine from Brantz UK. You couldn't buy directly from their site, they had to email me a payment link.

You could also try and buy through brantz.co.nz