4K 4spd To 5K 5spd

Muzzie

Trying to source a 5K & 5 spd box for my starlet because it looks like the current 4K has totally screwed itself and the clutch has packed up.

questions - is it a straight bolt out bolt in job for both the box and motor? If not, what needs to be changed or modified to make it fit. Not keen on spending large amounts of moola either.

dude..do a search on the forums that your part of, this has been covered soo much.

for the 5K to fit in, you'l possibly have to swap the sump over to clear the cross member, you'l need to change the flywheel to a 4K or 3K one and same with the clutch, its best if you keep the 4spd, unless you have a starlet 5spd, or else you'l have to lengthen your shifter hole, to allow for the extra length.

dude..do a search on the forums that your part of, this has been covered soo much.

for the 5K to fit in, you'l possibly have to swap the sump over to clear the cross member, you'l need to change the flywheel to a 4K or 3K one and same with the clutch, its best if you keep the 4spd, unless you have a starlet 5spd, or else you'l have to lengthen your shifter hole, to allow for the extra length.

Lengthening the hole aint no biggie, it's a track car anyways, I'll just hack the tunnel apart :)

But other than that it's bolt in?

Gearbox crossmember needs modding for non Starlet 5 speed, but I've written all the details here before so do a search.

Kool, will do thanks WDE BDY

I'm gonna kill my current 4k first, then ill do box and motor together.