Mr. D's 1978 Mitsubishi LB Lancer Coupe (Celeste)

Joyous fun, when to move it around to my mates place to weld what needs to be welded and the key is gone. :evil: Also found my GF's car had had the once over where they tried to take the radio and my old celica. CUNTS!!!

Got a new key cut. Have smooth off the lumps and patched the rust with new panels. Engine removed from the Galant. Will be fit the engine in tomorrow and will have to do replace the FL brake line. Chances of having it at the nats. 5%. :? If it doesn't make it it will be painted Gloss black on saturday by my mate!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys, my names Dale, newbie to o/s as you may have guessed. Just brought my first old school car, thanks to some helpful persuasion by Joe (or flange), and it just so happened to be this little beauty!! The molest that most of you probably know about in some way or another!! I have had it since the o/s track day in November, and have finally started to work on it!! Heres some of the pics from the first days work!

Plans for this baby are:

SLAM the fuck out of it

JDM alloys (Wide as)

4g63 DOHC-NA screamer on carbs!!

Repaint in silver with dark silver finish

Wood grain instrument cluster and door trims (not the whole trim, just a line of it:lol:)

New bucket seats redone in black leather

LSD diff

sounds

upgraded brakes

pink neons /nah

anyway here are the pics

Starting to strip the bitch

dscf0014bd8.jpg

Arse end is so hot!!!!

dscf0015gq0.jpg

Only took a few hours to get the bitch naked :P Guards are rust free!!!:D

dscf0056ga8.jpg

And every things gone from the inside!

dscf0074vl0.jpg

That should keep you going for now, ill update when more has been done.

• 2 weeks later...

Got some new bucket seats for the molest at the weekend, now they need to be sent away to be recovered in black leather. going to keep the original back seat and just get it recovered in black leather also.

Going to start striping the paint this coming weekend so there will be some more pic's soon :D

As promised here is a pick of the new seats i got for the moleste, and some of the weekends work. Paint stripping, how fun :rolleyes:

New seats which now need to be sent away for the upgrade to leather. Just on that i found a guy who said he can do all my interior work for real cheap, about a grand for the seats and hes gana give me a quote on the rest of it this week some time. Its a guy from work, he was an upholsterer for 30years and then came to my work and now im his boss so he must tryn to get in my good books lol.

Seat

dscf0101xu8.jpg

Starting to get the motor out

dscf0083mc6.jpg

Engine out, finally. Not that it took long to get it out

dscf0085sr0.jpg

Stripping the guards

dscf0097ei3.jpg

Almost completely free of the orange paint

dscf0110tv2.jpg

And i did the bonet too.

Any ways thats it for now, ill be back onto it next weekend to do some more stripping of the paint. More updates then.

• 2 weeks later...

Brought some new rims for the celeste last week and they arrived on Tuesday! They look pretty mean! Only problem was when i got there i found theyd already been opened by flange, and hed put them on his Triumph! Anyways heres some pics of them on the celeste, were they belong, after id stolen them back off him.

1001086br0.jpg

The bolts are a tad rusty but nothing that cant be fixed with new bolts!

• 4 weeks later...

Lolz i liked this celeste so much that i got a second one last night :D . Havent actually seen it yet but Joe/ Flange who actually found it and got it for me said its pretty mint. Bugga all rust, just a bit on the sills, and by the sounds of it comes with enough spares to build a third one if i had another frame! only cost $825 and its just got a brand new wof 2 days ago and the reg just needs to be re-newed! Still my goal is to get the original one rolling for nats though it will be rat as :twisted: .

Anyways ill chuck some pics of the new beastie up when i see it on Thursday, and ill put some updated pics of the otherones progress up then to.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...