4g63 into a EX lancer- pics of caboonatlarge's conversion

Sparkle

sum pics of when me and cam (caboonatlarge) put his first 4g63 into his lancer, dont know if hes put many pics up, but i thought i wud for him

post-18-1101683395.jpg - 1200 out

post-18-1101683427.jpg 2 litre outta the sigma

post-18-1101683477.jpg 2 litre goin into the lancer

post-18-1101683543.jpg -blah

post-18-1101683603.jpg - motor in

sparkle

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pffffft!!!

Wat fag posted these pics up?

HAHA i was wondering where my cape had got too

kick you in the face!!

Well it looks closer to the firewall than wat it actually is.Its not closer than wat it was with the 1200 in there.Im not sure if the engine was actually bolted in at that stage

It was very easy to put in.Ive been told that it bolts straight up to the 1600EX lancer cross member, but i found it didnt bolt to the 1200EX cross memeber.

This was an easy fix.All i did was bolt the sigma cross memeber in and use the sigma idler arm to stop the streering getting tangled in the cross member.i also had to use the sigma gearbox cross member and sigma clutch cable, thats if you are going to use the sigma (d50) tranny.

i also used the sigma sway bar on the front since the 1200 one is about 12mm and the sigma one is 25mm.

i also tried fitting the sigma power steering put it dont work.the steering isnt heavy anyway so its all sweet.

Ive done it all again and it took me about 4 hours, so its pretty easy.

My next thing to do is fit a sigma turbo disc rear and sort an LSD out.

i dont know if i would bother with efi to be honest.Involves alot more time and $$$ and that would be better spend on an n/a.

Im really suprised how well it goes.with a standard motor i kept up with a 4age of a mate and i had 4 ppl and heaps of junk in my boot and it was just him and his gf in there car.

im now tryng to put a 32/36 downdraft on it.

Its real easy to get extractors.I was quoted $300 for brand new cobys installed and modified to fit under my firewall at the local exhorst shop.

Its all good.

I freind of mine has just put a 4g63 into her colt lancer.i think its an LB or watever.Its gone in fine, and she used the lancer 5sp box.Didnt have to cut the tunnelor anything.