Cortina reving

Guest FatherSatan

With a standard 205 block and a lightened flywheel you can rev to 7500 but this is entering danger zone after that.

Although I rev'd my cortina block off the clock many times for a few years without much damage. I mean totally off the clock!

I took it apart and the only damage was no.3 piston ring had blown. Always a gamble of course, but the pinto can take abuse man

Guest FatherSatan

Well thats good news seeing as im pretty new to this, and mods you suggest (without being TOO expensive) that would get more power and be better for the engine? 2L by the way.

Well thats good news seeing as im pretty new to this, and mods you suggest (without being TOO expensive) that would get more power and be better for the engine? 2L by the way.

don't know if I follow your question?

yes any mods I mention will make more power from your engine. But I wouldn't say they're 'better' for your engine. Any engine making extra power wears out faster than one that doesn't, and high revs ruin engines even quicker. That's why I opted for the turbo route so I don't have to rev the nuts off my engine.