For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is you put a whole engine/driveline swap into a lower spec car, does it need drive shaft hoops and stuff for cert?

Example is taking a 328i BMW, and swapping EVERYTHING from a same year/model M3 into the 328i shell. Engine, driveline, suspension, interior, everything but body panels. I understand it needs a cert for increase in engine size etc, just wanted to know how strict it is since its all factory bolt in with no mods. Also, when getting said cert, if its on standard suspension, does it need to have the wheels noted on the cert or is there a way for the wheels to just not be listed?

(looking at a car that has had all this done, and it currently has garish wheels on it and would want to return to stock which is a different size, but current owner would cert the car as is with the current wheels)

9 hours ago, kws said:

Is you put a whole engine/driveline swap into a lower spec car, does it need drive shaft hoops and stuff for cert?

Example is taking a 328i BMW, and swapping EVERYTHING from a same year/model M3 into the 328i shell. Engine, driveline, suspension, interior, everything but body panels. I understand it needs a cert for increase in engine size etc, just wanted to know how strict it is since its all factory bolt in with no mods. Also, when getting said cert, if its on standard suspension, does it need to have the wheels noted on the cert or is there a way for the wheels to just not be listed?

(looking at a car that has had all this done, and it currently has garish wheels on it and would want to return to stock which is a different size, but current owner would cert the car as is with the current wheels)

is it a Boston green 328 from a safa  in roskill?

16 hours ago, cletus said:

Depends what it is. If something was certed, and that has not been modified any other way since, and the re cert was for a different aspect of the car, then the previously certified bits don't have to be changed to meet the rules of today. However if something shouldn't have been certified the first time, we have to fail it. 

Example

Little Johnny has a cefiro certed for adjustable suspension, an rfb20det and camouflage door cards. 

Johnnys 20det got a case of the nungers after racing his mates s14 so he put a 25det from a honestly not stolen r33 that his mate jayden got off Facebook marketplace. 

If we do a cert check for Johnny and his suspension is all the same as the previous cert plate, but it has a little bit too much camber, because it was certed prior to that being a requirement, then we don't have to fail it, or the camo door cards.  We just have to check the engine. 

However little Johnny has cut and welded his steering arms shorter with his uncles gasless mig for more hectic drifts . Johnny claims it was like that last time it was certed. This was never allowed so that would have to be failed, even if the previous cert covered it. 

Wordsmith level 9 there Cletus....love your work....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 13/12/2018 at 12:27, cletus said:

If it has dumb wheels when it gets certified, cert plate will state 'dumb wheels fr+r'

Have to cover all mods present on the vehicle at time of inspection 

Hi Cletus, I am looking to get a car certified soon for an engine/gbox swap and adjustable height suspension. If I get the car certified with the stock wheels on it, then put wider wheels on the car later on, will there be a problem getting a WOF?