For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at that I'd say you'd want the plate which the sway bar stalk bolts to to pick up all four of the factory U bolts. (Looks like that one shown only grabs one?)

And those saddles would want base plates between the saddle and the rail, and crush tubes where they bolt through the "rail".

• Like 1

Hey @cletus, I'm putting a hayabusa front end (wheel brakes shocks triple clamp) onto a Honda as the o.g parts where pretty crap when they where new so modern shocks are far nicer

does that fall under 2a or 2b certified? (Looks like a guy in levin is able to do both)

only needed a diff size bearing to fit, is there specs for min turn arc etc? As they are set back further than original so bottoms out on fuel tank (will weld in a new stopper as I assume it will need that?)

No, that's one of the main reasons I've never got involved with them, there is very little in the way of rules for bikes.

And trikes. I've only driven one and felt like it was going to kill me at any second. Yuck.

• Like 9

On 2/05/2017 at 18:15, cletus said:

if the gvm is under 3500kg then it can be wof, and if it's over 20 years old you don't have to worry about any emission standards

If it's less than 20 years old, I'm not sure what the requirements are, but its more difficult / has to be much newer if it's a diesel etc

So I have sat in a couple of these now and they are too small, I am 6'3" and there is no way i can see them being comfy for long drives.

If then i was to buy a LWB 4wd Hiace van and cut the back off to make a forward cab ute, would that be doable, cert-wise?

Probably.  The main issue would be making sure it doesn't go all floppy once you cut the top off.

It would probably be ok, easy enough to add strength where it is 'trimmed' if not

Is it headroom you have trouble with? 

Can you get a 4x4 double cab dyna? 

Yes you can, I have sat in both a single and double cab this week to check, both have had very little room around the left foot. The seat needs to be 200-300mm further back for actual comfort. I guess with a double cab there is a bit more option to move the seat back but the double cab takes valuable deck area.

It is hard to find the perfect vehicle.

I might be wrong but I thought hiace vans had a separate chassis..?