For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really a question, just happy

we put a EP91 starlet through for a cert the other day, 5afe turbo beast, makes around 300 horse.

Failed on CV boot, horn, front tyres, brake locking up and needing a sticker to say ABS is removed.

Holy crap easiest cert I have ever seen.

CV boot easy.

Horn needed the relay putting back in.

Front tyres are well, just front tyres,

Sticker is a sticker

and brake issues was a seized hand brake cable that took less than an hour to fix

Pretty happy us and pretty happy customer.

• Like 5

I think a lot of people are scared of the cert process as pretty much the only stories you hear are when muppets try to get their sacks of shit legal and then are all "fuck the system" when they get asked to remedy their cluster fuck.

So its nice to hear a positive one for a change.

• Like 7

This was through Cheers Automotive too by the way for people playing at home, 

But yeah, FWD certainly seem easier also, no need for drive shaft loops etc.

I got mine done there. It was a breeze. Nothing to remedy.

• Like 1

Not really a question, just happy

we put a EP91 starlet through for a cert the other day, 5afe turbo beast, makes around 300 horse.

Seems like a list of maintenance issues rather than things related to the modifications? Any comments in regards to the mods or did that all go through no probs? 300 horse seems damn good for that motor!!

Whats the go with changing fuel type? e.g. going from diesel to petrol. 

Assuming engine size/power/etc is similar, is it much of a muchness and treated like a normal engine/drivetrain swap? Or are there some specifics due to fuel swappage? Then I assume there are some rego related changes as well?

Cheers

If you're running the factory EMS you'll need all the factory emmisions crap that engine originally had, plus a working engine check light.

If after market EMS, then ya can ditch all that crap and the car just needs to pass a basic as shit emmisions test which consists of nothing more than making sure the AFRs are within some rather massive limits at specific RPMs.

Seems like a list of maintenance issues rather than things related to the modifications? Any comments in regards to the mods or did that all go through no probs? 300 horse seems damn good for that motor!!

yeah that's pretty much it lol

Was there for a wof at same time seeing as it needs to fail a wof for a cert etc because that makes sense

But no, no mention of the engine up grade, coil overs, wildwood brakes, uprated body braces etc

Just, passed.

Fuck it is a rapid machine

• Like 1

The LVVTA Tyre size chart really makes no sense

I was pulling a rear wheel of my Crown sedan today and realised that my 215 40 r17 probably wont be good for a 9 inch rim.

Turns out I was right

Yet it is for an 8, which is yay for the front.

but seems I need to buy some 235/40's for the back

ball face.

hope the still fit in the guards, actually more worried about internal offset....

Actually feel maybe I should put 20mm spacers on the back instead of 15mm.......

probably do some sort of adjustable pan hard rod mod also I guess.