For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

When I bought my hillman it didn't have the plates, but the reg is still live, so I could get some new black/white ones printed to replace them and no one would know the difference? Assuming they use the same font.

Coz I don't wanna get new gay plates for it if there's another way.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I bought my hillman it didn't have the plates, but the reg is still live, so I could get some new black/white ones printed to replace them and no one would know the difference? Assuming they use the same font.

seems like it would work to me

The cops get real fussy on the legality here. You could make your own plates exactly like NZ issue ones or have some made in your specific design for cheap, theres afew places on the web that you can get this done.

But I think theres something legally that you have to have ltsa issued ones or something like that because people get pulled up and fine for having different ones, even if they look sweet.

In the past I have heard of people finding an old black plate and then paying the stupid amount of money it is for a personalised plate to say the same thing but never getting it manufactured and just using the old black plates.

If people do go to that expense and effort to run black plates then it must be quite difficult to put them back on legally any other way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BZZZT. Wrong.

Reverse lamps are not a WoF requirement.

My C110 doesn't have them hooked up and the S12 didn't either.

Generally the mantra with WoF is that if it's there it has to work but I even told my WoF man about the lamps in the 110 and he said he didn't care, as they didn't have to work.

• 2 weeks later...

whats the deal with windows in a van? im hopefully getn one for next to nothing and it has two broken windows, one on the sliding side door and one on the back side ones. Am i able to make replacement windows out of some material ie not glass? eg hard plastic? not really keen on forking out for two new windows when the vans costly fuck all (anyone got windows foerm a mitsi delica starwagon?)

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
does a car need a horn to be legal?

As a side note to this, it doesn't have to be on the steering wheel :wink: My sister bought an ex disability car that had the horn on the door panel for your elbow to press. As well as the steering wheel (which hd stopped working). Had an argument about it with the WOF guy so printed up the requirements and got the item taken off the list :lol:

Only has to be accessible to the driver or the likes. I just couldn't be fucked fixing the steering wheel button as I couldn't get the damn surrounds off.

/random useless bit of info.