si

For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

@Geophy have a geeze on this website 

https://consumer.licensys.co.nz/landing maybe even give them a call and have a yarn - have to call to get motorcycle 2 line format made anyway, but I’m pretty sure two line format is for motorcycles only.

You may be able to get it made in slimline format, but that would cost $$. Best bet would be to maybe see brent and see if he can make you a scaled down one for show use only etc?

• Like 1

Any reason to just not put the plate in a spot like this? Worked fine on my trailer, only had to bend it back up a couple of times. Due to my own stupidity.

bjn02tns.312.jpg

or on the tail gate? mine is underneath like above & i swear everytime I move it it drags, PITA! but handy for loadign heavy stuff as a loading ramp / bottoming out device

/ling

Spring-loaded hinge with a titanium spark strip along the bottom

• Like 4

Pomme question: is it legit to rip the back seats out of a wagon (e30 ideally), weld the doors up and swap glass for metal to build a van, or is that a no-go? 

Cheers

Question re: pedal boxes. 

I had a bit of a manlook but couldnt find any threads about it. 

What's legal or not legal? 
I think I remember seeing something about not being allowed to weld the pedals or they have to be all one piece. 

But what other rules are there around what you can/cant do, and what materials can be used and so on? 

I had a look through the cert manual thing about rules for brakes but couldnt find any specific info about pedal box construction. 

Are there any rules regarding winding down torsion bars? I'm not wanting to go really low or anything, more just curious. Is it basically just stay above 100mm?

2 minutes ago, Sambo said:

Are there any rules regarding winding down torsion bars? I'm not wanting to go really low or anything, more just curious. Is it basically just stay above 100mm?

That's all I did... 

• Like 2

On 14/03/2019 at 16:47, Roman said:

I think I remember seeing something about not being allowed to weld the pedals or they have to be all one piece. 

But what other rules are there around what you can/cant do, and what materials can be used and so on? 

I had a look through the cert manual thing about rules for brakes but couldnt find any specific info about pedal box construction. 

Fb me. 

any issues around using a centering ring to help mount a brake rotor with an 88mm centre hole on a hub with an 84mm centre hole?

I see they are used on vws with audi big brake conversions overseas and it sounds better to me than relying entirely on the bolts

also on a similar topic. Are there any requirements when it comes to redrilling the mounting holes in a brake rotor? is it legal?

• Like 1

I believe centering rings are required, and you can't redrill from 4 to 5 stud or vice versa, but redrilling the same stud count is ok. 

I think.

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 16:47, Roman said:

its a lot easier to buy a wilwood/tilton/ap pedal box in my opinion

the rules are a bit tricky to find because they are not all in the same place.

are you wanting to make your own?

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 11:18, Sambo said:

pretty much, should also have enough travel with un modified bump stops

3 hours ago, tortron said:

any issues around using a centering ring to help mount a brake rotor with an 88mm centre hole on a hub with an 84mm centre hole?

I see they are used on vws with audi big brake conversions overseas and it sounds better to me than relying entirely on the bolts

also on a similar topic. Are there any requirements when it comes to redrilling the mounting holes in a brake rotor? is it legal?

definitely a good idea to use centering spacer.

there was a q&a thing on the lvv website which said you couldn't redrill a 4 stud disc to 5 stud or vice versa,  but have had a few brake kits approved like that where the holes were pretty close together, but then had a plate over the extra holes so the whole thing was sandwiched together

a lot of the MRP brake kits come with multi drilled discs

• Like 1

I'm amazed by that- wouldn't have thought it was possible to destroy a discs integrity that much by drilling a couple of holes.

Will be upset if that is my rear end fucked, ford discs re drilled to chev, multi drilled axles etc etc

hey quick question on the cert rules for roof chops.

How much are you aloud to chop basically?  

Missus brought home a Morrie Minor split window. Wanting to make a nice lil shopping car basically but with a old custom vibe. 

Thinking 4 or 5 inch off the front and what ever looks good off the back. then a heap of panel work such as fade-away fenders and skirts.

2KRs3dk.gif

Sat in a 4' chop with lowered seats and was looking out mid screen (missus below middle of screen) and had heap of headspace.

• Like 9