si

For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

3 hours ago, KP_wag said:

Great, will look to go that way then I think, a boost referenced valve that is as loud (flowey) as legally poss when open, and quiet as possible when closed

How would a WOF etc test this? Not like they can run it up on a dyno, get it on boost and then volume test it. Its a good idea, im just curious myself.

Or more likely, would they just require you to have it in the "open" setting during testing, and fail you if you cant/dont?

My guess is once it's got the cert on it, WOF guy will not be that interested (my WOF guy at least). 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kws said:

How would a WOF etc test this? Not like they can run it up on a dyno, get it on boost and then volume test it. Its a good idea, im just curious myself.

The decibel test is done with the engine not 'loaded'  ie in neutral, take it up to the test rpm, start the meter reading, then let it drop back to idle

So I've got my spacer to put the rod end at the right height. I've got my "beefy washer" at the bottom to prevent pull through. I've got a Grade 8.8 bolt and the shank goes all the way through all the bits(the extra spacer at the top allows me to tighten the nut).

But that beefy washer and bolt head are now REALLY close to the wheel. I had to space the wheel out with some 3mm washers. So now I have 3mm clearance.  

How much clearance is enough clearance? 

I can space the wheels out further...

IMAG0970.thumb.jpg.d2bfd70b460708f40fe309d5db7525f9.jpg

IMAG0972.thumb.jpg.7a923a0c3fd51cab0474f6e1e87d0fa7.jpg

IMAG0973.thumb.jpg.8c77ef0e56c3ff2f584625c253524a8d.jpg

IMAG0980.thumb.jpg.f5037c0ada2c1f57d93c984ed038f9f6.jpg

You might be able to give yourself a bit more clearance with an Allen head bolt  

There isn't a set minimum but I'd aim for at least 5mm . If you have to run spacers anyway it's not a big deal to space it out a bit more

• Like 1

Question regarding steering setups for my 720/Safari mashup.

I have the NZCCM, and it has this section:

image.png.a0a350c7cedaa7a1c0b3c9baec69081e.png

Essentially my question is: The pair of UJs (1 either side of the intermediate shaft) would be supported at the firewall, and the steering box. Is that what it's asking for, or some sort of inline bearing on the intermediate shaft?

Probably an obvious answer but I wasn't sure. 

If the answer is a support on the intermediate shaft, then do I need to incorporate some degree of movement (i.e. rubber mounting) as it is a cab on frame and there will be a degree of flex? Or is that negligible and it can just be hard mounted?

Thanks in advance.