si

For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

The modifications are documented in much more detail than what's recorded on the plate, so although you may get away with it if anyone was to glance their eye over the plate, if there's an incident and they investigate further you'll probably end up in the shit.

3 minutes ago, Yowzer said:

The modifications are documented in much more detail than what's recorded on the plate, so although you may get away with it if anyone was to glance their eye over the plate, if there's an incident and they investigate further you'll probably end up in the shit.

Any way to see that documentation? I'm pretty sure in the bad old days it's not going into any detail

I think the legal answer is yes it would need re certification if the power is increased by 50%

If it was certed with a completely standard 302 then the plate will say 'ford' under engine make. 

But

If the engine was modified,  it will say 'ford mod' 

If you put a modified engine in, and the plate says 'mod' and the induction matches, ie still carburettor if that's what it was certified with originally then you would probably get away with it because the plate would be the same even if you got it re certed

1 hour ago, tortron said:

Any way to see that documentation? I'm pretty sure in the bad old days it's not going into any detail

It's all kept in storage. What year was your cert done?

13 hours ago, cletus said:

sometimes. depends on the manufacturer

Is there any way to determine before buying them, if they are suitable for certifying? Is that something id have to ask my chosen certifier? Ill drill holes into my tunnel if i have to, but rather mount it to the bracket if possible.

12 hours ago, cletus said:

I think the legal answer is yes it would need re certification if the power is increased by 50%

If it was certed with a completely standard 302 then the plate will say 'ford' under engine make. 

But

If the engine was modified,  it will say 'ford mod' 

If you put a modified engine in, and the plate says 'mod' and the induction matches, ie still carburettor if that's what it was certified with originally then you would probably get away with it because the plate would be the same even if you got it re certed

Just checked. Plate says Ford mod, so should get away with 345 hp/you certed it so it should be fine anywho. That and the old engine may have made that power for all we know

• Like 2

I have the constructors handbook, and it says you cannot modify a pitman arm by heating/welding etc. Can you recut the tierod taper so the taper has swapped sides? The arm and steering box is off a y61 Safari and is much chunkier than the original Y60. If the taper is cut to a larger diameter spec, there will still be a larger cross section of material than the Y60 one...TIA

I looked at a Surf today, certed for a body lift and an engine swap. On the cert plate under "Exemptions" it said Raised Front Bumper / Snorkel. What does this actually mean? Would I be able to fit a bullbar without affecting the legality of the cert?

Screenshot_20181223-231613_Trade Me.jpg

often if there isn't enough room in the relevant part of the plate they will put further info in the "exemptions" part, so it doesn't have an exemption for those things, in that case its just another box to put more info in.

cars that have a full cage will have 'authority card required" in that box, hot rods with no guards will have "nzhra fender exemption required", etc

On 16/12/2018 at 12:07, tortron said:

Typically we don't share the paperwork with vehicle owners and in 1999 there was scant paperwork even recorded.

If you want some detail in particular we can recall the paperwork and search for you. It costs $50 to recall out of storage.