si

For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

On 11/09/2018 at 14:31, Sambo said:

Are there now any legal, off the shelf adjustable suspension packages available for AE86s?

I bought BC's for mine just before the rules changed a few years back and they aren't certed.

So BC suspension no longer legit? Just AE86 stuff or all BC coil overs? What rule changed?

Only the ones that come pre welded with a spindle attached are a problem.  The ones that come un assembled and you weld them as per the requirements are fine

• Like 1

Speaking of, would these be uncertable because of the extra brace welded in, even though the spindle is still attached to the factory strut?

ae86co4.jpg

1 minute ago, Firetruck said:

Speaking of, would these be uncertable because of the extra brace welded in

ae86co4.jpg

Yep

when welding to the strut tube,  does the weld have to be a certain distance away from the  cast part?

I created a sweet weak point, when i done some rangi mods on my paddock car.  it wasn't welded to the cast part.    (is now..)

IMG_20161204_043601.thumb.jpg.3ed6b149a0dab40bc03e16c54becc87a.jpg

• Haha 1

On 06/09/2018 at 20:18, AALAWS said:

Nah the shell was stripped, good call with Toyota though. I'll hit up the compliance place tomorrow and see what I really need to have.

What sort of info did Toyota have on it?

Toyota themselves didn't have anything on file, but my friend used used their name and accreditation to get some info for me so I have a good starting point with previous rego history

@cletus my good fellow.  I'm debating with myself on buying some adjustable suspension from Japanese tuner Star Road, whilst I am here.

What's the likelihood of getting the rear coilover platforms as per the kit certed in the flapping rear trailing arm suspension of the 110?

Aa_starroad_nosspeed1117-1030x687.jpg

The rear will be reasonably easy, camber will probably be your biggest issue there.

If they are the ones on the pic though, the front ones wouldn't be able to be certed due to the strut tube being welded to the cast/forged bit at the bottom. 

• Like 1

On 12/09/2018 at 23:35, kpr said:

when welding to the strut tube,  does the weld have to be a certain distance away from the  cast part?

I created a sweet weak point, when i done some rangi mods on my paddock car.  it wasn't welded to the cast part.    (is now..)

IMG_20161204_043601.thumb.jpg.3ed6b149a0dab40bc03e16c54becc87a.jpg

The rules say no welding within 10mm of the cast part

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cletus said:

cheers, found that last nite, and i guess if everything is mounted as close to original bumper line, it should be ok.  some of the ones i have seen, leave a lot to be desired