For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that mite be easiest. I think I know what they will say though.

And Zeb, Na I just want one of the early stz ones, from like AA-MX or whenever they change to the black background. Problem is I only have one of each. I know a guy thats bound to have a pair of old plates not wanted.

If you can find a few pairs of old black plates (or even better super old green plates with dots and stars and such) then one is bound to come up free. P-plates are so expensive though...

the law states you can drive it from your home to a workshop for repairs - as long as its safe to be on the road

or rather thats how i interpret it

i.e. dont go dorting around with no brakes/something major that you shouldnt be driving with

If your vehicle fails its WoF inspection and your old WoF has expired, you are not allowed to drive it on the road (unless it is being operated solely for the purpose of bringing it into compliance and obtaining a new WoF — and provided the vehicle is safe to be operated for that purpose).

obviously dont go racking up major miles in it and doing skids in christchurch

So just called cert dude. Going to go through Hamish Munro.

Gotta get my bullshit green sticker off then mod my coilovers so they have more adjustment and rock the cert.

Going to have leafs reset lower too but will do that after cert. Dude said they wouldn't cert it under 100mm.

Was like pfftt ok. I has coilovers bish.

Said itll be $495 + gst so $556 for cert on coilovers, wheels, rolled gaurds, leafs and blocks.

Also snell springs gona reset leafs for $140, blocks suck etc.

Yeah that mite be easiest. I think I know what they will say though.

And Zeb, Na I just want one of the early stz ones, from like AA-MX or whenever they change to the black background. Problem is I only have one of each. I know a guy thats bound to have a pair of old plates not wanted.

De regged Black and White plates numbers are available however you have to ring and ask for them, they don't come up on the website. Pricey though thay start at $750 - I brought a new carb instead.

I was told by the woman on the phone that if I still had the old black and white plates that originally were on the car I could buy the rights for abit cheaper. I can't tell you if this is possible or not as I haven't got hold of the old plates yet to try it.

De regged Black and White plates numbers are available however you have to ring and ask for them, they don't come up on the website. Pricey though thay start at $750 - I brought a new carb instead.

I was told by the woman on the phone that if I still had the old black and white plates that originally were on the car I could buy the rights for abit cheaper. I can't tell you if this is possible or not as I haven't got hold of the old plates yet to try it.

Really?? Why has no-one told me that!??!! Who am I to ring exactly?? Where'd you get that info from? Because everyone I've talked to so far has been useless. if what you're saying is true!

Being able to still use the Prince's black plates that are still on the car would be epicly brilliantly amazingly perfection in a handbasket.

Moar info please!