For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

ok im not thinking of doing this but i saw it today and thought quite loudly in my head 'WTF!'

hilman avenger with cutties up front, shocks not captive so there was a long bolt welded to the top spring cap running through the bottom cap/plate/base/whateverwhocares and bolted captive,so when the shock compresses the bolt slides though the lower cap and the nut stops it from rasing past its captive point.

seems a bit iffy squiffy to me

Thats fantastic.

Back in the day we used seatbelt webbing from one end of the shock to the other to limit shock expansion and keep spring captive.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
nah pretty sure it has to be both sides. could tak to a cert man about setting up a flip forward fixedback setup sorta like minis have

Not sure how hard that would be, pretty sure seats with 2 mounting points are illegal, yet mini's have them standard. I think maybe beetles do too. But either way i don't think flip forward would work very well with a fixed bucket seat because they are tall? Hit the roof etc.

Not sure how hard that would be, pretty sure seats with 2 mounting points are illegal, yet mini's have them standard. I think maybe beetles do too. But either way i don't think flip forward would work very well with a fixed bucket seat because they are tall? Hit the roof etc.

Na beetles don't.

I have seen a couple of hatches certed with non flip fixed back seats, so it might pay to talk to your certifier, I think it might have somthing to do with how far you can slide the seat forwards on the rails.

Unless, you buy another set of the same and switch them. There is a company that make plates, so you could maybe get a set and keep your original ones in the boot. I got pulled up for having my black plate up front, cop said to change it back and I was off. Still forgotten to tho...

what about with making new white number plates black like the older ones?
i've been pulled over for black plates (mines a 3-letter plate, pretty obvious..) the cop told me off/said theyre illegal but didnt mention any rule in particular.