si

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cone

revins only like 3hundy from what i hear anywho

i think its even cheaper than that. cos they put a years rego onto the price of the vin. pretty sure its like 150 for vin then as much rego as you wan buy

Price of Vin has gone up aparently. Cant backup tho, have just done quik search and found jack.

Have just been on phone with cert guy and turns out you cant run your fuel line through your cabin unless:

- It is covered incase something falls on it and it punctures

- It is viewable to the cert/wof guy for inspection.

- It is a motorsport car in whichcase go hard.

Also for reference, no firewall is needed between cabin and boot

Can run a halfcage and side intrusion without motorsport affiliation. It needs to be homologated to run in most motorsports events however.

Put here as I have seen it asked numours times and the wrong answer given,, by myself as well!

Gaz

• 4 weeks later...

Can run a halfcage and side intrusion without motorsport affiliation.

Gaz

Can only use that cage on the road though, good idea to get it homologated as well. Don't think you need to get yearly authority card at all for half cage as cert covers it for WoF, but you cannot compete in Motorsport NZ events without homologation. Not even events that don't require a cage such as motorkhanas.

Callum

I thought a half cage was treaded as a "roll bar" by MNZ, not a cage. Hence it can run in any event where a cage in not required. I see MX5's etc racing clubsport events with roll bars.

Hey

Let me start by saying this - EXTERNAL WASTEGATES!

No one really wants to comment on whether these need to be plumbed back into the exhaust or released straight into the atmosphere. Some have pointed out that at the time of wof inspection, it is not an exhaust leak. Has anyone had problems cert'n there cars with external wastegates venting straight into the atmosphere?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hmmmmm, failed my wof on excessive handbrake travel

i cant find any way to adjust, downloaded the volvo service manual, it says there should be 5 to 7 ratchets before it engages, mine goes on the 6th,

reckon that should be sweet for wof man??

• 3 weeks later...