si

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, shizzl said:

Cheers @cletus.

Internal braid low pressure rubber hose OK to be run for carby applications? 

Yep as long as its purpose designed automotive fuel hose 

2 minutes ago, ajg193 said:

On the other side of the coin, my engine makes less power than a hive of bees

Only applies/applied to vehicles with a significant power increase over oe or a modified drive shaft

• Like 1

What's the deal with modifying tow bars? My truck one sits a little high but I don't want to have it in a fixed position lower than it is. I want to replace the tongue with a 65mm box/50mm socket/receiver so it sits no lower but can have a lower towball to plug in.

Will I get in trouble if I do that? I have a big 3 phase MIG that produces the most convincing of welds...

1 minute ago, ThePog said:

What's the deal with modifying tow bars? My truck one sits a little high but I don't want to have it in a fixed position lower than it is. I want to replace the tongue with a 65mm box/50mm socket/receiver so it sits no lower but can have a lower towball to plug in.

Will I get in trouble if I do that? I have a big 3 phase MIG that produces the most convincing of welds...

I built my own for a car, no worries. So long it's not a heavy vehicle you'll be fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaxPower said:

hey I have a set of 2" drop spindles at home, I have lost the paperwork for them, is there a way to get them checked out to be fit for use in nz? are they a good way to lower a vehicle in your opinion? cheers

It gets very very difficult when you cant prove who made them, to the point where I bought a new set of spindles that had a brand name (belltech) cast into them to replace some other ones I already had (probably chassistech but I couldnt prove it 100%) 

They are a good way of lowering a vehicle if they have been designed correctly and you dont mind doing the supporting modifications that often go with them

This is what the standard says

20210919_214644.jpg

I didnt actually know about pushlock needing clamps until this lockdown actually, was trying to find suitable hose for my own car that doesnt crack and perish, many of the hose manufacturers recommended clamps if over x temp or pressure  

What you mention makes sense though , you wouldn't want to use clamps that put too much pressure on the hose and cut it 

Hey Guys - Just been talking to the cert guy for the rust repairs on my corolla, and says I need to get a vin assigned to the car.
Problem is, the shell is back on the rotisserie and the places I have talked to want me to take it to them an hour away.

Now I'll suck it up and take if I have to, it but just checking if this can be done remotely or by a mobile service if anyone knows?

On 21/09/2021 at 20:42, NickJ said:

Thats interesting, some brands of Pushlock hose state not to use clamps/crimps as the barb geometry can damage the hose.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that Aeroflow recommend clamps on their pushlock fittings if it's over X degrees hotness.

EDIT: LOL just noticed I have basically just said the same as Cletus

1 hour ago, AALAWS said:

Hey Guys - Just been talking to the cert guy for the rust repairs on my corolla, and says I need to get a vin assigned to the car.
Problem is, the shell is back on the rotisserie and the places I have talked to want me to take it to them an hour away.

Now I'll suck it up and take if I have to, it but just checking if this can be done remotely or by a mobile service if anyone knows?

I've had a vin assigned by VTNZ for my project car (a US import) without them seeing it in person. I just took photos.

The VIN tag hasn't been made/attached yet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mine are like the second set, my certifier seemed happy enough. Worth checking with yours. My steering arm only has the locating rings around the bolts (IIRC), so that spacer copied that design.

Test the height with washers, too thick and you may find the arm hitting the brake rotors. I found that anyway. I do have much larger rotors than factory though.

On 24/09/2021 at 18:26, Nominal said:

I've had a vin assigned by VTNZ for my project car (a US import) without them seeing it in person. I just took photos.

The VIN tag hasn't been made/attached yet. 

Either they have changed the rules, or you struck it lucky? The VTNZ people I talked to said they have to see the car on their property so that's it for me.

22 minutes ago, AALAWS said:

Either they have changed the rules, or you struck it lucky? The VTNZ people I talked to said they have to see the car on their property so that's it for me.

VTNZ are very good at being useless sometimes 

talk to land transport about it and see where that goes 

• Like 3