For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shit all my cars have bad safety and emissions 

I'll be calling zebra to come get them all and crush them so I can ride the bus 

I wouldn't want to sell them to some poor unsuspecting person 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Testament said:

:shock:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

So according to these braindead fags who are detached from reality, my "modern" daily is not worth fixing? 

If I could buy the newer version for the price of two tyres and a new battery, I would.  

Cunts be tripping balls.......

Im over 200k on my 2nd gen Honda Fit CVT now, with no issues. The key is regular maintenance, but they did improve a lot over the years. What i dont like is when they program the CVT to act like an auto with stepped "gears"... what a waste of time. Looking at you Mitsubishi :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on the car. Because the load of the vehicle weight is put on a different part of the car, ie the shock mount, often it needs strengthening where the shock is mounted top and bottom

Probably less work to stick to separate spring shock setup

Some vehicles LVVTA requires FEA testing to prove that the hub assembly can carry the weight, this affects cars like 350z etc where the coilover attaches to the hub 

• Thanks 1

Adjustable upper camber arms. 

Had some dramas with a customer at work who's certifier claims the skunk2 arms are illegal as they are not notched where the ball joint slides. Seems strange as we have should hundreds of them with no issues until now

These are the arms I've had for years for my shuttle, is there a rule change making them illegal ree? 

Unless I'm looking in the wrong place they should be fine according to this?

Aftermarket suspension arms
2.2(31) A suspension arm that is fitted to a low volume vehicle which is a volume-
produced aftermarket bolt-in type, and which is mounted directly to the vehicle’s 
unmodified original suspension attachment points therefore maintaining all 
original suspension geometry, other than to allow additional adjustability, must: 
(a) follow sound time-proven designs, and be consistent with the common 
time-proven makes; and
(b) be in good condition, with no evident deterioration or cracking, 
particularly around welded attachment points; and
(c) be of an appropriate size for use with the weight and performance 
characteristics of the vehicle to which it is fitted; 

bSvNVjH.jpg

Hw7FNzM.jpg

Theres nothing recently that has changed, I cant find where it is now but there was a thing about having something to lock the arms on a mustang 2 top arm camber adjustment, maybe the certifier is applying that to everything 

I cant think of any of that adjustment type that has anything to lock it from moving,  apart from the bolts 

28 minutes ago, cletus said:

Theres nothing recently that has changed, I cant find where it is now but there was a thing about having something to lock the arms on a mustang 2 top arm camber adjustment, maybe the certifier is applying that to everything 

I cant think of any of that adjustment type that has anything to lock it from moving,  apart from the bolts 

Customer had been to two certifies and both have said the same thing? 

Maybe customer failed attitude test? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, chris r said:

Customer had been to two certifies and both have said the same thing? 

Maybe customer failed attitude test? 

This might be the thing Clint was referring to?

https://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents/safety_alerts/LVVTA_Safety_Alert_04-2020_Sub-standard_Suspension_Arms.pdf

Also see this and the bit about replicating OE retention for balljoints

https://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents/infosheets/LVVTA_Info_01-2012_Custom_Suspension_Arm_Inspection_Approval.pdf

Although if it's a common and reputable aftermarket brand it should be OK?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1