For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, WhangareiKE70 said:

Truck Exhaust Stack 3.00" Dia X 50" Long 3.00" Flanged Inlet Chrome Plated  W30050-300-1-TSCPS Wesdon Truck Stack

@cletus so for something like this, where the bottom unshielded part is un-contactable, but the top section is exposed, is that acceptable? Obviously with a stack style exhaust there will be a section which is exposed, but is it about limiting that?

That's probably something that will depend on a few things

Think of it this way

if it's easily contactable ie someone getting in or out of the vehicle or leaning against it could burn themselves then it needs heat shielding. If its 8 feet in the air and you need a ladder to burn yourself then you wont need to worry  

• Like 1

A chick I know has a supercharged CA18det in a 620 flat deck with truck style pipe up the back of the cab. It has that perforated stainless steel shroud around it. Its fucking cool too. Also runs stupidly rich, (something is waaay off with the tune, runs like 10.2:1 afrs) so it blows black like a boss.

• Like 1

If my front fog lamp has a crack in the lens, but doesnt let moisture in, can it pass a WOF or is it an instant fail? Could I use clearcoat on the plastic lens to prove its "sealed"?

The VIRM is quite clear on letting moisture in, but not for the crack its self - 6. A lens is missing, or has a hole, crack or other damage that allows moisture or dirt to enter.

27 minutes ago, kws said:

If my front fog lamp has a crack in the lens, but doesnt let moisture in, can it pass a WOF or is it an instant fail? Could I use clearcoat on the plastic lens to prove its "sealed"?

The VIRM is quite clear on letting moisture in, but not for the crack its self - 6. A lens is missing, or has a hole, crack or other damage that allows moisture or dirt to enter.

this is prob not a helpful answer, but we've put trucks through multiple times with glad wrap over the lenses covering stone chips. eventually they've been replaced but at the time, the beam pattern was correct and the lens wasnt corroded etc.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

For my daily - how can I determine if a strut spacer lift kit will be certable? I'm looking at this one which seems to be well designed and includes subframe spacers to ensure the alignment is not wrecked, as well as adapters for the longer brake hoses, etc.

https://lpaventure.com/collections/outback-2010-2013/products/lp-aventure-2-lift-kit-2010-2013-outback

The installation PDF in there has heaps of install pics.

Todays stupid question,

The new cert tag thingies. Does the constabulary scan them, then get a link to a database to read the info? 

What happens if you encounter the five-0 in a location where theres no mobile reception? (OOODLES of places like that) what then?

Pink sticker first, and ask questions later?

On 18/06/2021 at 13:44, RUNAMUCK said:

What happens if you encounter the five-0 in a location where theres no mobile reception? (OOODLES of places like that) what then?

Its a valid question. You can get the details up with just the number on the tag and the vin.  If they have cell but not internet I imagine they could call and get someone at their home station to look.  Whether or not they'd bother is up in the air.

I think I'll save the details page as a pdf on my phone for if this situation arises and hope for the best.

• Like 2

Especially a car that was mega slammed. This car is too low, im gonna sticker it. But it has cert. 

*no cell coverage.

It's too low, I'm a cop, I know these things. (Like Ian the cop who knew about screamer pipes) it's too low. Have a nice pink sticker...........

On 16/06/2021 at 09:12, zep said:

For my daily - how can I determine if a strut spacer lift kit will be certable? I'm looking at this one which seems to be well designed and includes subframe spacers to ensure the alignment is not wrecked, as well as adapters for the longer brake hoses, etc.

https://lpaventure.com/collections/outback-2010-2013/products/lp-aventure-2-lift-kit-2010-2013-outback

The installation PDF in there has heaps of install pics.

Pretty hard to know until you fit it really. I've done 3 or 4 of those kits in Subaru's and all have had problems,  mostly with the sway bars hitting the steering or binding at extremes of suspension travel

2 hours ago, linearentropy said:

I think I'll save the details page as a pdf on my phone for if this situation arises and hope for the best.

This or print it out and keep a copy in the glovebox is a good idea to solve the no internet problem 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Bling said:

Mega slammed and certed? Most likely modified since cert lol. Unless it's on bags.

Plenty of details aren't on the old cert plates, not a new situation really.

It only takes a cop who thinks they know more than they do to decide your car is too low. I once had a cop try and peer into my wheel arch to check my springs were captive..........

On 18/06/2021 at 13:44, RUNAMUCK said:

Todays stupid question,

The new cert tag thingies. Does the constabulary scan them, then get a link to a database to read the info? 

Pink sticker first, and ask questions later?

I'd say it'll be attitude based, like most dealings with cops regarding vehicles. 

If there's not coverage they can't really sticker you. They'll follow ypu to somewhere that has reception 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1