For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

On 28/04/2021 at 18:31, cletus said:

Have had a few really dodgy ones over the years, a "mitsubishi lancer 1500cc" that had "been converted to a makkinen evo replica" 

And a "V6 commodore with a LS swap" that had really low kms and lots of weird rust almost like it had been hidden in a damp shed for 10 years and you could see where the SS stickers on the doors were and the engine number had been attacked with a chisel and the date tag on the belts didnt match the year on the rego and the vin tag under the glass had heaps of weird scratches on it 

Or the VE commodore that had a different vin on the bit under the carpet on the floor to under the glass and in the engine bay because whoever the crackhead that stole it didnt realise there was a chassis number in the floor 

Do you report these vehicles at all? Or just tell them to fuck off

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, kws said:

Out of curiosity, is there a reason you'd use rubber hose instead of a length of hard line?

Haven't run the fuel line yet so looking into all options. 

The floor pan doesn't really favour under floor mounting. 

The original line was plastic, and only held up by 3 or 4 tabs that were folded over it. 

Original line ran up where the exhaust now sits. 

Exhaust will cross over under the the gearbox crossmember, so exhaust will be both sides, not really allowing any great option for line position. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yowzer said:

Do you report these vehicles at all? Or just tell them to fuck off

Theres a form we fill out that they take to vtnz/vinz  

Usually check the ID of the vehicle first and if theres any obvious issues tell the owner to go sort that out before the cert goes any further 

I've only ever had one dodgy one come back with the correct paperwork.  The rest have dissapeared or NZTA has got involved

I spoke to a cop about it once, he said if its had all the original identifiers removed, it is very unlikely that they would ever be able to return it to its rightful owner

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got some nice leather seats from an Alfa 156 for my triumph. But they have airbags. What do I need to do?

EDIT: I've since worked out how the upholstery is removed and managed to wangjangle the airbag unit out of one of them. Guess I just need to snip off the "Airbag" tag thingy?

• 2 weeks later...

yeah 2010 you are right, not sure where i got 8 from but i am halfway into a coffee

A vehicle (other than group L vehicle or a class MA or MC motorsport vehicle with a valid motorsport authority card) that was first registered in New Zealand on or after 1 May 2010 and manufactured from 1 January 1990 has a catalytic converter

Chop chop

• Like 1

I'm about to put my Jag 340s through the first wof it has had in nearly a decade. Like a lot of the 3.4 engines it leaks out the rear. Does anybody know how oil leaks affect wofs? It isn't a steady stream but it does drip. 

When fixing the car up I did find a sponge shoved up there. I wonder how long that had been there for... :grin:

Clean it all before wof, its generally not a fail item but

my morrie dripped on a wof inspector when he had it idling over the pit and he was pissed

like no shit dude its gona drip no matter what if its sitting there idling

if its a bad leak then it can come down to being unsafe, dripping on soemthing important (brakes eg. i had an axle leak but it ran down the backing plate instead of inside so was all good)

• Like 1