For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m looking to swap out the bench front seat in my Cortina with a pair of GT Cortina bucket seats. The issue being that they only mount at the front and the rear slides to give forward/back adjustment- you can set the vinyl patches under the rear in the pic where the rear slides.

The front seat mounts have a stopper built in so they can’t flip forward.

My read is that I might have issues getting these certified as the way they mount wouldn’t really give the same level of strength as a modern production vehicle? 2.8(2) 

BA8FF62B-9F71-4375-B5C7-7A0776D0A65A.png

Booked in for cert on some coilovers in Christchurch this week, wanting to check I have everything prepared, and if I'm missing any info he will need.

Alignment was done this week and has been setup within OE tolerances, have the alignment sheet for the certifier. 

Access to the strut tops in the rear is behind the seat back. Currently I have the rear seats out as I'm still setting up the damper adjustment/fine tuning the ride- will leaving these out for cert make his job easier, or does he need to see the car fully assembled? 

Thank you

Tried to search but nothing came up in the first couple pages.

Repair certs vs "Getting a panel beater report for repairs"/wait 28 days, fix it yourself, then go for a recheck.

What's the flags in the WOF system for noting which stuff requires an actual structural repair cert? How does a regular person know if it's something that will require an actual repair panel beater vs something that can be done themselves (Like for a piece of surface rust that is larger than 3cm etc)

I got told when my car failed on rust, I could either bring back a receipt from a panel shop for the repair

or bring the car back with that area in bare steel to show the wof guy the repair.

I paid a panel shop and just returned with a receipt and got a wof

• Like 2

I am looking at options to put some decent brakes on the front of my 1968 Firebird. Summit racing has these kits from Classic Performance that use C% corvette calipers, discs and hubs. The question I have is will the aftermarket spindle pass certification or not?

image.png.cf18bc61fea8bf1675c2470137d34a92.png

I'm quite keen on these new Sparco Stradale seats for "oldschool aplications". Issue is that they have no head rest. Is this going to cause an issue?

andare-y-shop_sparco-seat2020-stradale.jpg.2c52c5bfcf1454b88ccd58c03cfe8f58.jpg

For reference, my current Racepro seats are 810mm on the F dimensions.

Here's the only pic of them in a car (Datsun 510) that I can find:

116444547_3105909256144546_5511545492204944562_o.thumb.jpg.d24106fc8037856accc411ee9fc82a75.jpg

6 hours ago, zep said:

I'm quite keen on these new Sparco Stradale seats for "oldschool aplications". Issue is that they have no head rest. Is this going to cause an issue?

If you have anything hard within 300mm of the back of the seat then yes you will need a headrest, I suspect the cage will be your nemesis.

16 hours ago, KKtrips said:

If you have anything hard within 300mm of the back of the seat then yes you will need a headrest, I suspect the cage will be your nemesis.

Ah yep. I imagine even the b pillar would be within 300mm. There are a severe lack of new retro inspired buckets that look good.

4 hours ago, cletus said:

A head rest doesnt have to be part of the seat, it could be attached to something else, it is reasonably common for hot rods to have them attached to things like the roll bar or to the body  

Do you have any examples of this?  Could that just be roll Cage foam?