For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be fine, strengthening the factory structure is never usually a problem unless you start modifying areas forward of the suspension mounting and messing with how a vehicle crumples in an accident 

That doesnt happen very often though as theres not usually any reason to 

Hi Guys, a quick question.

I'm working on a brake & booster upgrade on a mates classic, a 318 VF Regal Coupe he's owned for 30 plus years - it's a babe!

I'd like to use copper nickel brake lines (sometimes called cunifer or cupro-nickel) for their corrosion resistance and installed well they look heaps better than bundy tubing. 

Question is, I know its OK to use in Australia and I would be very surprised if it wasn't OK for NZ but is there any documentation available to confirm before I put a heap of time into making up new brake lines?

Cheers, Si.

What are the rules around exhaust systems poking out the back of a vehicle?
If I have some headers sticking out the back (rear engine config) I assume I'll need some kind of shielding as per  2.2(1)b below or does 2.3(9)c(ii) mean it's ok as it is at the back?
Is it ok if they stick out past the rear bumper for a short section before tucking back in?

Cheers

2.2(1) A low volume vehicle, except for one specified in section 3, must comply with the following general requirements: (a) an ornamental object or fitting must not protrude from a motor vehicle if the object or fitting is likely to injure a person; and (b) a protruding object or fitting that has a functional purpose must, if installed and operated on a motor vehicle that is operated on a road, be such that the risk of the object or fitting causing injury to a person is minimised;

2.3(9) An exhaust system fitted to a low volume vehicle must:
(a) be of a good design using materials suitable for the purpose; and
(b) terminate in a position where the outer end of the exhaust pipe is not directly underneath or in front of the passenger compartment; and
(c) in the case of an external exhaust system which extends beyond the outer longitudinal extremity of the vehicle or the outer sidewall of the tyres: (i) have a radius of no less than 3 mm on any sections facing toward the front of the vehicle; and (ii) have any sections of exposed exhaust contactable from the front of the vehicle or adjacent to points of occupant entry and exit adequately heat-shielded; and
(d) be in good condition and free of leaks; and
(e) be securely attached to the vehicle, using a mounting system that enables all necessary engine movement without stressing the exhaust system; and
(f) along with the body of a low volume vehicle in the areas adjacent to the vehicle’s exhaust system, be sufficiently sealed so as to prevent the entry of any exhaust gases into the passenger compartment, and
(g) be designed, constructed, and fitted in such a way that the exhaust system, or components within the exhaust system, cannot be removed, altered, or interfered with, without the use of hand tools.

• 2 weeks later...

requirements for tyre markings wen going through compliance/rerego?

for motorcycle, its got new knobbly china tyres on it. so probably no good, but i only see this

for reasons to fail

i. ‘NOT FOR HIGHWAY USE’

ii. ‘NHS’ (Not for Highway Service)

iii. ‘FOR TRAILER USE ONLY’

iv. ‘ADV’ (Agricultural Drawn Vehicle)

v. ‘RACING PURPOSES ONLY’.

looks like its got load and speed ratings on them

A neibour has a isuzu elf. 1996.

He is doing one of those plastic campers that go on the back of utes on it . 

As the deck will be gone he wont be able to load it to what it used to be.

Is there a way to change from a COF to a WoF or because the factory has given it a Gvm of like 4t is he stuck with going for a COF?

10 minutes ago, JustHarry said:

A neibour has a isuzu elf. 1996.

He is doing one of those plastic campers that go on the back of utes on it . 

As the deck will be gone he wont be able to load it to what it used to be.

Is there a way to change from a COF to a WoF or because the factory has given it a Gvm of like 4t is he stuck with going for a COF?

I think he's stuck with the chassis rating and COF

• Like 1