For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

2 minutes ago, ajg193 said:

Work required to put on the medium would be reduced, wouldn't it? You don't need to write any data to the tag. And assuming there is a decent computer system in place it should be pretty simple for the cert guy to put the data into the database

Nah I think it will probably be a bit more work, certifiers dont do the data entry bit, that will be LVVTA, so more info to put in plus sort through which photos to use 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, ajg193 said:

Work required to put on the medium would be reduced, wouldn't it? You don't need to write any data to the tag. And assuming there is a decent computer system in place it should be pretty simple for the cert guy to put the data into the database

The data tag writing is time consuming in terms of turnaround, sure but in comparison, depending on the method of storage of data and upload and access to said data, there is likely a higher volume of work to be done even if accessing it is easier it still has to be input to be accessed. 

8 minutes ago, ajg193 said:

TBH, effectively including the cost of the CCM in the price of the cert is a really good idea. That alone would more than justify the increase of $50 in my books

I'm still grumpy that they wouldn't provide the pdf version to people that had purchased the paper version previously.

To be fair, the price increase was not our call, but NZTA gave us money to update the standards faster and some extra project work (among other things)

They said they would put XX% of the amount we needed to do the extra work, provided we made up the other ZZ%. So after they gave us the money then they insisted we made up our ZZ% through a plate fee increase. (trust me its not very much money when you see how much NZTA blow on consultants and the like)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Nominal said:

I'm still grumpy that they wouldn't provide the pdf version to people that had purchased the paper version previously.

You'll soon be able to get it for free.

Also to be fair, they are 2 seperate commodities, if you got the free PDF version then you have 2 copies of the manual.

• Thanks 1

Years ago I got pulled over by the cops for having a bare metal car in Australia. I got away with it saying that I was in the middle of prepping for paint but was told that it has to have a colour. 

Anybody know if that is the same story in NZ? Or can I clear coat bare steel and call it a day. It is a farm truck. 

Chebby.JPG

Yes the bushing does , in my lotus 7 it basically uses a replica of the original 100e pedal with the pivot holes changed to make it reverse swing mount and originally they cut and welded the pedals when converting them. The bushings were braised into the pedal originally have had a friend ream and interference press the original bushing into a profile cut blank but want to weld it to make sure it cant move 

6 hours ago, jakesae101 said:

@cletus building a brake pedal when welding the bushing into the pedal what are the rules is it like all other safety critical components where its Tig followed by NDT?

Yes, brake pedal can only be welded for the pivot and where the pedal pad attaches to the pedal arm. Must be TIG welded, and must pass NDT and include a report from the testing lab. 
See your certifier and ask them for an F008 to be filled out so the test lab knows what they are testing and what standard they must use. 

4 hours ago, tortron said:

So the bushing should go through the pedal rather than be tacked on the end I'm guessing?

I wanna make a new one too actually. 

Can original be heat bent and I weld the pedal pad back on shorter?

Correct, pivot must go through the pedal, not welded to the end.

No, pedal cannot be heated and bent. 

58 minutes ago, KKtrips said:

Yes, brake pedal can only be welded for the pivot and where the pedal pad attaches to the pedal arm. Must be TIG welded, and must pass NDT and include a report from the testing lab. 
See your certifier and ask them for an F008 to be filled out so the test lab knows what they are testing and what standard they must use. 

Yea the ndt guy I use is pretty dam good Leon put me onto him.