For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, kyteler said:

Would it not be a possibility to get CVs from a Nissan that the cups fit the Toyota half shaft? 

????

It’s Toyota driveshaft and axils getting mated to the Nissan diff. Are you meaning if that Toyota inner cv was replaced with the correct 5 bolt Nissan unit that happened to also fit the Toyota spline on the axil?    Or combine a Nissan outer cv shell with Toyota cv guts?  Could be possible but we also need to narrow up the diff as much as we can. Nissan is about 80mm wider than the stock Toyota.

Also not mine to do the required research and the work asked above is all easy to do.

A36AE085-D814-432A-B405-1BEF0CC74AAC.jpeg.0a8fa77b1c0e298b4c350ff6294952e3.jpeg

Stock Toyota on left, Nissan on right.

Edited by a.craw4d

Either option but I was specifically thinking of the Toyota guts inside a Nissan.  Given you (or whoever) have to modify the length of the shafts then I would have thought up sized and custom shafts may be a better option given the power increase being sufficient to up rate the diff, not upsizing the half shafts seems a bit..  Odd. 

Ditto for up rating the drive shaft with bigger ujs. 

• Like 1

Ah yep I see where you’re coming from.

I’d imagine the half shafts and cv’s will be fine, if anything the driveshaft and uj’s might want to corkscrew.

It’s a street car so won’t get a real hiding.  Or should I recommend he runs supercats, linglongs or equivalent :) 

If I brought a car that was stolen and recovered and then de registered from insurance company - would they have removed the VIN plate off the firewall?
Engine, chassis and plate number etc match up so i don't think it's too much of a dodgy situation but if that a major if it's missing for the re vin process or do they create a new one anyway?

They just need to be able to identify it and will put a new one on

They were happy to revin one of my bikes, even though it had the vin removed and the frame number ground off as there was enough info there to identify it through the police.

insurance wouldnt have removed the vin or anything when dereg, just the plates. Thieves could have done anything

• Like 2

Thanks, gents. I was in town and popped my head into the cert guy's office and got the lowdown and he confirms it. 

His note was that if the uni is before the center bearing than it only needs one. A 66 chev has it after so no biggy. Two it is. 

4 minutes ago, ajg193 said:

@cletus what's the story with cert prices going up?

I would have almost expected them to decrease due to NZTA funding deal and abolishment of cert plates

How would that make sense when the work that was there prior still exists, the medium its presented on has changed and the work required to be put on the medium is greater? 

• Like 2

Work required to put on the medium would be reduced, wouldn't it? You don't need to write any data to the tag. And assuming there is a decent computer system in place it should be pretty simple for the cert guy to put the data into the database

There was going to be a much larger increase which would have been unaffordable. The NZTA deal took care of most of it but there was still a shortfall which is covered by the increase

The cost part that certifiers pay is pretty much $200, next year it will be $250 

It sounds like there will be a few things to lighten the blow a bit though, the new system instead of plates will make things a lot easier, and the CCM will probably be free to download  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1