For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A silly question - is there a reason why rego sticker is bottom left of the screen and wof top right? Or is it just random?

The reason I ask is I want to put overlay on the top of the screen but if I do that the wof sticker will have to come further down from the top right corner.

I'd rather have wof sticker out of line of sight, along the bottom corner of the screen etc.

• Like 1

I believe there's words to the effect of they must be mounted as close as practical to those corners.

Splitscreen Morrie has always had wof at bottom right, they keep sticking it back on there without asking.

Top right would be directly in your vision

• Like 2

WOF needs to be on the drivers side. It does not have to be at the top.

Affixing the WoF label

The WoF label must be affixed by the vehicle inspector or a delegated employee of the inspecting organisation in one of the following positions:

a) if the vehicle is fitted with a windscreen:

i. to the inside of the windscreen facing outwards on the same side as the steering wheel, and

ii. as close as possible to the edge of the windscreen where it is clearly visible from the outside and is not obscured by an anti-glare band or sticker

https://vehicleinspection.nzta.govt.nz/virms/in-service-wof-and-cof/introduction/inspection-and-certification-process/issuing-the-wof-or-cof-label-evidence-of-vehicle-inspection

• Like 3

Google: virm motorbike mirrors

Then go to the virm link which points to motorcycles, then on that link hit the legislation tab. 

You'd think with technology these days it would be easier to just do a quick google for such basic questions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Bling said:

Google: virm motorbike mirrors

Then go to the virm link which points to motorcycles, then on that link hit the legislation tab. 

You'd think with technology these days it would be easier to just do a quick google for such basic questions.

So what's the answer? I don't have google

They should provide you examples of what they'll accept / expect. They may want a certain rating of whatever the fuck that is lol. Worth asking the specific certifier you plan to use what they are wanting exactly

6 minutes ago, Dudley said:

The local cert guy wants us to put “tube nuts” in as the upper seatbelt mounts. When I google them I can’t find anything. Does anyone have a link for something similar? 

Try searching 'seat belt barrel bolt' 

This was common in 50s and 60s cars when lap and diagonal belts became a requirement

20200708_205904.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can you make two piece brake rotors by machining the hat off an OEM solid rotor and drilling it to suit an aftermarket hat?Not sure on materials used but a mates Celica has had this done in order to change stud pattern. Perhaps they thought there wasnt enough room to redrill them?

received_702580846970030.jpeg

@cletus @KKtrips

I want to put a datsun 620 through cert for a ld20t . It has kingpin and trunnion front suspension and drum brakes all round at the moment.  I wi be running fairly small tyres likely 195/60/15 so nothing huge to load brakes to much. And I guess prob a 4.1 diff.  Bear in mind the ld20t is not exactly a powerhouse 

In your experience will the drum brakes after being rebuilt, new shoes, cylinders and whatnot, pass the brake testing? Or am I pushing shit uphill even trying to get them through. 

Or do I need to go to ball joints and disk brakes?

Please and thankyou