For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Kiwibirdman said:

Spot 1 is where I put the center belt on the EJ Wagon. The Seat belts cross over to get the proper spacing. I haven't put the car through certification yet, this was how @cletus advised me to do it. Position 2 will put the belt under the seat base.

I can take photos if you need.

I was thinking this to, a couple of pics would be awesome!

20 hours ago, cletus said:

#1 looks like the best spot, as mentioned spot 2 would be under the seat base so when the belt gets loaded it would pull the seat up/forward 

Cheers for the info. That face it will go on is on the same plane as the seat back is that ok? Is there a doubler plate size that the cert boys like to see? Or just run with specs on lvvta sheet.

Can you put two belts on one doubler plate setup? Or does it become so big it's better to just have separate units for each belt.

Yep that's fine on the same plane as the seat. Size doesnt matter as long as it meets the minimum area of 3000sq mm . Most people use 80x50 plates in that application.  

2 belts off one anchorage is doable but it's much less work to just put 2 plates next to each other, otherwise the plating requirement is much bigger and complicated 

• Thanks 1

I don't have access to that info but it is available to several authorities (police, local governance, etc) however unless you're fortunate to have a connection within them you are unlikely to get it I would have thought. 

So it's essentially a no as it's unlikely anyone in those positions would risk their job by breaching privacy laws. 

Edited by kyteler
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, kyteler said:

I don't have access to that info but it is available to several authorities (police, local governance, etc) however unless you're fortunate to have a connection within them you are unlikely to get it I would have thought. 

So it's essentially a no as it's unlikely anyone in those positions would risk their job by breaching privacy laws. 

Some friendly mechanics can access this info too :wink:

On 27/04/2020 at 10:51, rusty360 said:

I was thinking this to, a couple of pics would be awesome!

image.png.e77cdefcec3322cd13c512fc898f53b6.png

This is the passenger side of the car. The left hand belt is for the position beside the door, the other half of the belt is on the wheel tub. The right hand belt is for the centre seat so these cross over to give the correct spacing. 

Happy for you to come round and have a look at the car if it helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kiwibirdman said:

image.png.e77cdefcec3322cd13c512fc898f53b6.png

This is the passenger side of the car. The left hand belt is for the position beside the door, the other half of the belt is on the wheel tub. The right hand belt is for the centre seat so these cross over to give the correct spacing. 

Happy for you to come round and have a look at the car if it helps.

Awesome that makes sense. a picture says 1000 words! Would you mind showing me what you have done with the other two mounting points? Wheel tub and wheel arch I'm guessing.

On 14/04/2020 at 15:01, Ja1lb8 said:

Dunno if this is the right place to ask but here we go

Got this old crown almost finished

Jap import well need complying shortly

100% stock, Whats the legalities/requirements for the seatbelts?

Planning on fitting the originals, have  multiple sets and in decent condition for front and rear. Similar to falcon or holden design lap belts of the same era.

Has suspect looking design where you can unclip the front belts and tuck the shoulder part of the strap up onto the hoodlining and it becomes a lap  belt only. I guess for aesthics being a coupe. All belts have toyota markings, date of manufacture and what ever standards they meet on there little tags sewn too them.

Are these acceptable or well they need updating/oviously some sort of modern inertia belts going to be safer but meh

20200301_202109.jpg

I just recomplied my MS75 with basically exactly the same belts in it. 

Only difference being my car is NZ new If that helps. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cletus said:

Yep that's fine on the same plane as the seat. Size doesnt matter as long as it meets the minimum area of 3000sq mm . Most people use 80x50 plates in that application.  

2 belts off one anchorage is doable but it's much less work to just put 2 plates next to each other, otherwise the plating requirement is much bigger and complicated 

Sweet as I thought that might be the case. At the moment the rear outside belts just have big washers I'm picking this is how it was done back in the day, not sure if im gunna change these too doubler plates. If ya dont mind me asking how much is a seat belt cert? PM me if that's easier. Cheers rusty