For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Bling said:

Online is near impossible. Spend the 10 minutes to put the bumper back on and live happily ever after.

bumper part is easy - just the supermarket experience, more than half the time you are waiting to get in or for the cashier, then they have hardly any good stuff once you are in there. no steak and cheese pies!!! my neighbour seems to do ok online, i'd better check with them.

3 hours ago, kyteler said:

I tried online before the lock down.  No times available for either delivery or pick up.  

Tried again the other day. 

Nope. 

Booked solid. 

For WoF? Only essential vehicles can get WoF's during lockdown. Trucks/taxis/delivery vehicles etc.

Also the word is that police will be lenient on cars with WoF's that have expired during the lockdown, providing the driver passes the attitude test and they aren't just out for a jaunt to the beach to cough on someone elses kids.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, KKtrips said:

For WoF? Only essential vehicles can get WoF's during lockdown. Trucks/taxis/delivery vehicles etc.

Also the word is that police will be lenient on cars with WoF's that have expired during the lockdown, providing the driver passes the attitude test and they aren't just out for a jaunt to the beach to cough on someone elses kids.

It's been loosened up a bit:

Capture.JPG

@cletus what's the go regarding engine conversion mounts. And gearbox bell housing adapters?

Will be putting a rover v8 into my ms65 and will be using the bw35 lehousing with an aluminum adapter plate to the Toyota w50 box 

And engine mounts will use the rover rubber mounts and just make some thing on the crossmember out of 3mm? To fit the engine?

I'll be keeping the stock gearbox mount and crossmember so I dont have to customize the driveshaft and also keep the shifter in the correct position.

Are the engine mounts something that I can just make to suit? Or do they need to be "designed"

The lvvta website just says they "must to be fit for purpose " ?

Could you please clarify this for me

Engine mounts are one of those things that there are so many different combinations of shapes and sizes that its impossible to have a set rule on how they must be done

But as a very general rule, 3mm steel with gussets. You can come up with a design yourself no problem, post up or send me a pic if you want some input on if they are ok or not

One thing to remember when designing mounts, is if the rubber breaks, the engine should not be able to rock over and jam the steering.  So for example if you have limited exhaust manifold to steering shaft clearance, you may be better to use a locking style rubber mount instead of a round cotton reel type one 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cletus said:

Engine mounts are one of those things that there are so many different combinations of shapes and sizes that its impossible to have a set rule on how they must be done

But as a very general rule, 3mm steel with gussets. You can come up with a design yourself no problem, post up or send me a pic if you want some input on if they are ok or not

One thing to remember when designing mounts, is if the rubber breaks, the engine should not be able to rock over and jam the steering.  So for example if you have limited exhaust manifold to steering shaft clearance, you may be better to use a locking style rubber mount instead of a round cotton reel type one 

Awsome.

Prob cant really "draw" them up die to lack of drawing abilities.  But if I were to just make something tacked into place for mockup purposes I guess that'll be ok? That way should I need to change anything it's not a big deal?

Seeing as the steering box virtually it right on the firewall on the ms65 crown there isn't really anything to jam on . But I guess the centre link will be the other issue.

Cletus, quick question on suspension strut tower spacers..

Have been told that they will have to be certified to get a WOF,  bit left field but im looking at buying a kit for my Forester. They bolt to the top of the struts and space them down and the back comes with a lower control arm drop kit too. Can this sort of kit be certified and would it need to be crack tested first? Its gonna come from Subie Lift Oz if it makes it easuier. 2.5" Front and 3" Rear.

Thanks