si

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, AllTorque said:

Modification of the seat pad does not require cert 

https://vehicleinspection.nzta.govt.nz/virms/in-service-wof-and-cof/general/vehicle-interior/seats-and-seat-anchorages

see the bottom of “tables and images”

Cheers! seems I have looked at that page a few times and not seen whats staring right at me.....

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, datlow said:

new work ute has come with different brand/tread pattern spare tyre (but same size etc)

seems odd, would that not be a wof fail/illegal

My Ute has balloon 15s all round. Had a low pro 14 as a spare. 

Possibly a case of - it's fine as a spare because it ticks the boxes, but if you out it on the truck and have different ply etc on the same axle then it fails

21 minutes ago, datlow said:

new work ute has come with different brand/tread pattern spare tyre (but same size etc)

seems odd, would that not be a wof fail/illegal

Fairly sure the only WOF check on a spare is that it is securely fastened down, or in a separate compartment to the passengers.

• Like 3

yeah i figure a space saver isnt the same but only temporary

whereas this is a full size spare so seems silly to not be able to rotate it with the other tyres for full barry spec/company man penny pinching

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nominal said:

Who rotates tyres these days?

I kind of do inasmuch as when a pair need replacing I'll include the spare in the assessment. The least fucked out of the three then becomes the spare. 

• Like 1

I've been caught out like that too Jesse. When I bought my XC it had four nice Fairmont mags with 195/60/14s and the spare was a steelie with a full height radial. Not long after I got it I put the spare on the rear and it drove so badly I had to stop and change it to the front for the short journey to the nearest tyre shop.

• Like 1

New version of wof threshold comes out 1st April 

Theres some changes to what you can do without cert. 

The main change is fuel systems, it was quite open to mods before, now its the opposite. 

@ajg193 you might need to get a cert next time 

Screenshot_20200309-143003_Drive.jpg

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Get fekked kent.

/I'll book it in for a cert some time this week. Looks like I lost the game.

Do you have a link to the changes? Would be good to get a full read, current VIRM page doesn't show the changes as far as I can see /edit, found change previews

https://vehicleinspection.nzta.govt.nz/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/75289/In-service-VIRM-amendment-April-2020-WoF-only.pdf

Also new:

"Minor modifications do not include carburetor to injector"

• Sad 1

Cert booked for 17th.

$590. That's 10 tanks of fuel. Or 10 wofs. Or a whole set of tyres. One and a half weeks of full time income for me.

Oh vell. Gotta be legal-shmegal.

Edit: Also, does anyone know what happened to the LVVTA standard for fuel systems? I can't find it anywhere anymore and would like to avoid paying the $11 for the chapter from the CCM if at all possible. Just want to make certain it is all done to spec.

• Like 2

That makes me sad. Needing a cert for carb-efi or efi-carb? Really?

It also limits ALL reflashing and tuning for cars without a cert. Technically that means replacing the old Bosch ECU in my SD1 with Speeduino would need a cert.

Is NZ slowly turning into Aus?

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, kws said:

It also limits ALL reflashing and tuning for cars without a cert. Technically that means replacing the old Bosch ECU in my SD1 with Speeduino would need a cert.

Is NZ slowly turning into Aus?

No, that hasn't changed, the needing cert for a different ecu only applies to turbo or supercharged cars, and that has been that way for a long time  

• Like 2