For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, kws said:

What about the high stop light flashers that flash it three times and then on solid? Shit that's annoying in traffic. 

3 hours ago, AllTorque said:

Yes illegal. Lights must remain steadily illuminated.

(except for indicators)

• Like 1

Note 3

A vehicle originally manufactured with a high-mounted stop lamp arrangement that differs from what is required or permitted in this section may retain the original high-mounted stop lamps provided they remain fitted in their original position and perform as intended by the vehicle manufacturer.

• Like 2

Have you talked to a certifier about any of your stuff? Not being a dick, but that is the sort of question they would appreciate being asked, as there isn't a one size fits all answer to many questions. For example, my certifier has mentioned extra threads in areas you can't even get a single one with your brake setup. Another certifier has said it's not required. So probably a good idea to get a certifier onboard, if you want to save redoing stuff later.

I thought I had seen something about it on their forum, but can't see it now.

5 minutes ago, Bling said:

Have you talked to a certifier about any of your stuff? Not being a dick, but that is the sort of question they would appreciate being asked, as there isn't a one size fits all answer to many questions. For example, my certifier has mentioned extra threads in areas you can't even get a single one with your brake setup. So probably a good idea to get a certifier onboard, if you want to save redoing stuff later.

Yeh. I know I really should. I've been putting it off, I don't really have a good reason why. On previous certs(my Starlet has had 3) I've done all the work and only taken it to see the man at the end.

But this project has the added complication of steering geometry from moving the rack and chopping up the rear floor to fit in an also chopped up narrowed subframe.   

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bling said:

For example, my certifier has mentioned extra threads in areas you can't even get a single one with your brake setup. Another certifier has said it's not required. 

Do you mean having the bolt threads protruding through the other side of the caliper mounting lugs? In my case(from memory, I could be wrong), the threaded hole is tighter at one end so the bolt will jamb and not protrude. I'm gonna assume it's to stop you from using a too long bolt and running it into the face of the disc and damaging it.