si

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 13/01/2020 at 16:35, cletus said:

Correct, any change to the brake system needs cert

So if you do an auto to manual conversion but leave the original auto brake pedal in place (assuming it clears clutch pedal), then it wont need a cert? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dspec_tt131 said:

They arent on toyo site for 14"

Probably don't make that size then? 14" tyre options are pretty shit in general when looking at 7.5". Especially in odd ball sizes and if wanting something decent.

https://www.falken.com.au/tyres/ you can select the tyre, then it lists sizes available and rim width compatibility. I imagine they all have similar setups. Odds are pretty slim though, as they probably don't test 14x7.5" rims often if at all. Basically why I ended up going with 15's, my 14x7.5's were a ballache to make work.

17 minutes ago, fuel said:

So if you do an auto to manual conversion but leave the original auto brake pedal in place (assuming it clears clutch pedal), then it wont need a cert? 

That's what I was told when talking to a cert guy many years ago. Not sure if that is the general consensus.

1 hour ago, fuel said:

Yes as long as it meets all the other requirements in the virm threshold, and the pedals had enough clearance to not cause issues  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey guys, I apologise if this has been asked/answered a million times.. Asking on behalf of a friend who has just bought a car. Its certed for lowering and larger than factory wheels, the wheels are munted and he's thinking about buying some of the factory wheels as they are cheap and plentiful. Will this be an issue cone Wof time? Can you prove that they are factory diameter/width/offset and avoid having to re-plate? Thanks in advance. 

On 20/01/2020 at 08:56, dspec_tt131 said:

Where can I find tyre manufacturers specs for maximum width allowed? Have tried google but no luck. Looking for a 195/65/14 that's allowed on a 7.5" rim 

The range on the LVVTA guide includes the maximum and minimum of the major tyre brands. 

I.e. If Hankook had a 195/65R14 good for 5" to 6.5" but then Toyo has 5.5" to 7" the range allowed would be 5" to 7"  (Example only)

Falken were the only brand to have there product range outside of the normal specs from other brands, but they've since reigned that in and are now on par with everyone else.

Unfortunately you're best bet is to go to a  205/60R14.

• Like 1

I recently revived my fx corolla swapping a redtop 4age into it, the original motor was a 5a-fhe 1500cc. I was wondering if there will be any issues getting a wof?, i know that these cars came out with 4ages and i think the power dfifference is only like 15hp (Also drives much the same), even bolted onto factory g/box, Will i need a cert or is it alg?

1 hour ago, spiderwebfx said:

The range on the LVVTA guide includes the maximum and minimum of the major tyre brands. 

I.e. If Hankook had a 195/65R14 good for 5" to 6.5" but then Toyo has 5.5" to 7" the range allowed would be 5" to 7"  (Example only)

Falken were the only brand to have there product range outside of the normal specs from other brands, but they've since reigned that in and are now on par with everyone else.

Unfortunately you're best bet is to go to a  205/60R14.

I have 205/60 but it's too bulge. Will try different offset wheels instead.

1 hour ago, HornySeaCow said:

I recently revived my fx corolla swapping a redtop 4age into it, the original motor was a 5a-fhe 1500cc. I was wondering if there will be any issues getting a wof?, i know that these cars came out with 4ages and i think the power dfifference is only like 15hp (Also drives much the same), even bolted onto factory g/box, Will i need a cert or is it alg?

Cert needed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dspec_tt131 said:

I have 205/60 but it's too bulge. Will try different offset wheels instead.

I have seen different brand tyres (cannot recall the brands sorry) that despite being the same printed size, one had flat sidewalls, one looked like it was running mega stretch, when mounted to the same rim. These were some low pro 19"s though, probably don't have that particular faux stretch style available in a size as small as you want.

• Like 1