For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

On 20/11/2018 at 17:59, cletus said:

The auto to manual part doesn't need cert if it's all factory parts and bolts in

But, 

A modified or non original brake pedal does, so if it's had a manual brake pedal fitted or the pedal pad cut down , yes it should have a cert

Dragging up an old thread here;

So @cletus,if a manual pedal box for that same vehicle is used then it needs a cert as you aren't using the auto brake pedal? Just asking as have a Fairmont that was Auto and has had a manual set up fitted. All factory parts incl the pedal box.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m looking at bringing in a  Cortina Mk 1 2 Door Body from Australia which is rust free for a new build. It has the chassi number stamped on the inner wing and a chassi plate but that’s it. Would I be able to get it complied and registered or will it be a complete mission and all too hard? 

15 minutes ago, 66gt said:

I’m looking at bringing in a  Cortina Mk 1 2 Door Body from Australia which is rust free for a new build. It has the chassi number stamped on the inner wing and a chassi plate but that’s it. Would I be able to get it complied and registered or will it be a complete mission and all too hard? 

Any paperwork with it?

8 hours ago, 66gt said:

No just the chassi plate which matches the stamping on the body. I will get a receipt off the guy etc plus all the shipping docs. 

I think you will struggle to get it registered here without proper paperwork:

Proof of ownership
You need to provide evidence that you're the legal owner of the vehicle. This can include:

the original documents showing the ownership history to the last registered owner in Australia (eg deregistration or change of ownership papers) and
an invoice, bill of sale or receipt, etc.

https://www.nzta.govt.nz/vehicles/importing-a-vehicle/step-2-evidence/used-vehicles-from-australia/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nominal said:

I think you will struggle to get it registered here without proper paperwork:

Proof of ownership
You need to provide evidence that you're the legal owner of the vehicle. This can include:

the original documents showing the ownership history to the last registered owner in Australia (eg deregistration or change of ownership papers) and
an invoice, bill of sale or receipt, etc.

https://www.nzta.govt.nz/vehicles/importing-a-vehicle/step-2-evidence/used-vehicles-from-australia/

Yep that’s what I was thinking or alternatively go the scratch built route 

If my car fails a WOF do I have to take it back to the original inspection place. Can I go to another place and get it reinspected within the 28 day repair period.

Beware ranting ahead

my wife's car ended up at the the dealers for a gearbox issue. While it was there they gave it a warrant check without asking me, and it failed on some stuff (light bulbs blown) that I would have found and fixed before it was taken to the usual spot. 

This pissed me off because it was booked into the local guy who is 10 mins walk away and typically rechecks take 5 mins plus paper work. The recheck, including driving to the dealer, waiting around and driving home killed the best part of 2 hours. 

I did spit the dummy about doing the WOF without asking so got it for free but would have much preferred to  have paid the money and got 2 hours of my life back.

I had it in my head that because it failed that I had to go back to where the check was done or wait until 28 days is up. 

• Like 1

I got charged for having headlights adjusted while having wof done. I asked them why didn't they check the switch that raises or drops the beams,it was a Nissan taken to a Nissan dealership for wof ffs....they said no worries,I had to make a point of asking them to fix the problem they caused,and re reset the level to where they were in the first place. No clue.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 5

i'm planning on freshening up the underside of my triumph soon, the underside is the old teal green colour and also oily, scummy and 45ish years old so i was going to clean it all up and paint it black. will anyone get funny about this at wof time? i plan on dropping all the suspension,  leaving whatever factory coating is there already and cleaning and painting it. i'm not using anything heavy or bitumous etc like a deck liner, just a satin black rattle can probably. i'm going to be replacing the bushings and clean up the entire suspension upgrading and replacing as it needs. but i dont want to get any kick back from trying to hide something etc. 

is it worth the effort?